Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC;s not working

Hey Everyone

So I went to turn on my A/C today (I never use it, but the parental unit was with me and whining it was hot)...so I hit the button...the A/C light turned on, but I know it didn't come on, I didn't feel the shudder or the loss of power associated with it coming on...I haven't really gotten around to really digging into it, but I know that the secondary fan in the motor doesn't come on either...could this be a fuse issue?...or did something big go blooey...I mean if this is gonna be an expensive fix, its really not worth it to me, but I figured I'd ask you guys first...

Does the blower work? If not then its most likely the blower motor. It happened to me a couple of times but the motor would come back after a while.

Comment

The blower motor seems to be fine...it was only when the air coming out wasn't cold that I noticed something was up with the system, its almost like it wasn't engaging or something, because the switch would go in, the light would turn on, but nothing else would happen...no loss of power normally associated with the A/C being on...its weird...

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
        The blower motor seems to be fine...it was only when the air coming out wasn't cold that I noticed something was up with the system, its almost like it wasn't engaging or something, because the switch would go in, the light would turn on, but nothing else would happen...no loss of power normally associated with the A/C being on...its weird...
        I have the same problem. I asked one of the tech at the local honda dealer what they thought it could be, he said the system probly need recharged. He siad the compressor won't turn on as a fail safe when the system needs recarged.
        They reccomended me get the system converted to R134. be sure you have it drain completely of the old freon. Conversion kits can be found at a local auto store.
        In case you're wondering why it's a good idea to get it converted, R134 is VERY cheap, were as the old stuff is 50 bucks a can (you'll need at least three to recharge your ac sys.

I should also add that it could be a diffrint problem.
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

The compressor won't turn on when it needs a recharge...that's good to know...that could definitely be my problem then, as I have yet to service the A/C since I bought the car (only used it a handful of times...much more fun to drive around with windows down and radio up)....

Comment

can a normal person change the compressor,my a/c turns on but not cold??

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
              can a normal person change the compressor,my a/c turns on but not cold??
              A normal person can change all the parts but unless you've got the proper vacuum pump you won't be able to evacuate the system before charging.

Comment

hey guys how do u know if the system has been changed from the R12 to the R123????
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Look for valves screwed onto the lines. R134 has a different fill valve then R12.

Comment

do u have any pic of what should i look for the r12 and for the r123. i don't know anything about A/C man. or anything in particular.

Comment

Does your AC line just have a cap on it like the one in the picture or does it have another fitting screwed on and a cap on top of that?

Comment

it a long one. it has another one on top of that.
                        what does it mean?

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                          it a long one. it has another one on top of that.
                          what does it mean?
                          It means it has R134 in it. Now, how it was actually converted is a different story.

Comment

all i needed to know is that it has R123. now i will buy that can with the R123 that has a gauge in it which shows how much should i put in it.
                            anyways how many cans should i buy so i can fill the AC?????

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                              all i needed to know is that it has R123. now i will buy that can with the R123 that has a gauge in it which shows how much should i put in it.
                              anyways how many cans should i buy so i can fill the AC?????
                              should use a little less then 2 lbs. I think each can is half a pound?

Comment

Working...
                              X