Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kind of tires should I put on my stock steelies for better traction and launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of tires should I put on my stock steelies for better traction and launch

as of right now Im shopping arounf for a pair of good tires but dont know what to get, I dont want to get slicks cuzz I want to be able to drive it in the city. but the main factor why Im asking also is because I have no choice but not to brake the bank since I am also a father of 2 so I cant be spending 200 bucks for a pair of tires either so if you guys know or recomend a kind of tires to get me better teraction let me know, thanks

check www.tirerack.com they have a wide selection and read the traction ratings and see what fits your budget
    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Yokohama Avid H4s are cheap and alright. There are also falkens and kumhos. I ran the avid h4s and they gripped nice. Very soft tire.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

what do you guys think about these bad boys?
        http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....FA+Drag+Radial
        Last edited by aznpnoyracer; 02-18-2007, 02:01 AM.

Comment

well I got know I got soem falken zex-512's there Extremly good for the price they have exellent grip in dry and wet and there soft,there real cheap , I got mine for 62$ cdn a tire

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
            well I got know I got soem falken zex-512's there Extremly good for the price they have exellent grip in dry and wet and there soft,there real cheap , I got mine for 62$ cdn a tire
            are those track or drag radials or are they just good street tires, sorry Im new at the tire game. lol

Comment

BFGs are good if you have the money and if they make an application for the tire. As for DD on them they wont last long I tell you that but they will grip like a mofo.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer

I run those at the track, and usually drive to the track and back on them but not for daily driving.

I've pulled alot of 2.0 60ft times (open differential) with them and like them alot. I'd recomend the 205/50's if you get them, or if you think you need it can go with some 225/55's, they are a close fit but I never had them rub.

L8r
                Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                01-01-2019

Comment

WOuld 205 fit on the 14" steelies? I think that would be pushing it a bit wouldnt it? But bleh what do i know.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

falken ziex all the way, best traction ive ever had on my cb7. i used to be able to do burnouts on my old tires, these stick to the ground all the time and they are cheap
                    1990 Accord EX Sold
                    1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
                    1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      WOuld 205 fit on the 14" steelies? I think that would be pushing it a bit wouldnt it? But bleh what do i know.

The 205 will fit if the rim is 5.5" wide, it can be squeezed onto a smaller wheel but you will baloon out the tire and loose some of the benefits.

The 225 needs atleast a 6.5" wide rim, like the prelude wheels or aftermarket stuff.
                      Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                      01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
                        Did you get them in Ottawa? Whereabouts?

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22
                        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer

My friend had these tires on his 92 civic hatch si. we took it to the track and he let me drive it once. i fell in love with these tires. im actually saving up for them this summer. he has them on there for daily driving too. not so good in the rain but u could have some fun in the sun, or just drive pavement,lol. i really like these tires and recommend them to people who have the money.

Comment

Working...
                          X