X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still no start

the last time i started it, it ran perfect

i tested everything, and everything is fine...fuel...ignition....all that

but when testing my spark, i notice it wasnt that strong compared to my others CB7 spark, it was weak.

i have a full MSD set up and when i got it (like 2 years ago) i did my research on it and seen that they cause problems (not for all but for some unlucky people) like just dieing, and people would not kno whats wrong with there cars for weeks until they change it and the cars started up fine. my father and uncle also had the same problem with theres and they had to send it back to get fix so we'll see

so im gona take my distributor off the other cb7 and put on this one and see what happens.

tryna get her running before Nopi comes to town next month
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

gl homes.

represent black projectors!
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I hope you get it running by the next MD meet! I hope to see you at that one!

Comment

YEAH, thats the main reason i got to get it started
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

got her started

it was the main relay then my timing off.

and hears how i found out and what happened.
            when the car wouldnt start i changed my distributor and it still didnt start, after that the main relay and it still didnt start.
            so after 1 week of the car not starting i tried my other cb7s distributor and the car still didnt start, so once i removed it and put it back on the other cb7 i took it off of.....that car wouldnt start so i was like WTF

after 2 hours i realized i had to set the ignition timing because i didnt put teh dist. back on right....with the rotor facing the number one plug, so i did, and the car started (my other cb7)
            so then i was like sweet, im gona try this with the gray cb7 and pray it starts.

wired up my MSD set up and went out early this morning and gave it a try, after having the shakes (something i get now when i fix or modify the engine, before i crank it ) i turn the key and BAM....she starts

then after working out some kinks.......vacuum leak causing it to cut off, etc. the car runs perfect, better than it did.

thanks for the luv/help guys feel like a fam here

im gona make it to the meet this time
            Last edited by theone; 05-23-2004, 10:29 PM.
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

so you arent getting CEL 43 anymore?
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
              X