fuel relay question????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel relay question????

ok i did a search and i seen a lot of people say the fuel or main relay could be gone if your car doesnt turn over.

my question is, could it be your relay if u r getting fuel?

i mean, my fuel pumps cool, im getting fuel all the way to the fuel pressure regulator (has a gauge so i kno), so can it still be the relay????

im stuck between the relay and the starter being gone.

i dont want to go buy a new starter and its not that

also if its that (relay), wheres the relay located, thanks

-------------------------------

problem had with the car......started it, and it cut right off in like 3 seconds.
    didnt start after that, until the next day, had to keep turning the key for like 40mins. then it started, then stoped, then after turning the key for 5 mins, it started and stayed stayed started.
    got it home, hasnt started back up sense, will not turn over
    Last edited by theone; 05-18-2004, 09:22 AM.
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

does n e one kno where the main or fuel relays located?

thanks.

and yes i have a Haynes manual but im at work now, and i just want to get an idea of where i need to look to find it
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

it's located under the steering wheel. u got to stick ur head in there and u are going to see it. its a small box with a buch of wires conected to it.

u said that "it starts then it shuts off" >>> this might be an ignition swich problem.(the electrical part of it)

if u car cranks then i don't think u got a starter problem.

next time when ur car don't start check if u are getting sparks on the spark plug wires.
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

yeah, i check all that, spark, fuel and everything and im getting spark, and im gettin fuel to the fuel rail and so on, all thats fine, my only option are starter and this relay

i mean the car doesnt start at all it just cranks but will not turn over.

to get it started the last time it started, i had to keep my foot on the clutch and keep turning the key, then like after 40 minutes it finally started, thats the last time it start, hasnt started sense
        Last edited by theone; 05-18-2004, 12:00 PM.
        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

ok, i also just learnt that the main relay controls the injectors, fuel pump and the ecu (has something to do with it)

one thing i noticed was my ecu light (the red light that blinks when u r running a code) would not blink sometimes when i turn the key to the ON position.

i was running a code for 43
          n e one knows that if ur ecu is runing a code the ecu light will show it as soon as u turn the ignition to the ON position....mines wasnt.

im gona put my starter back on and change my main relay

ill keep the thread updated, incase someone else runs into this problem
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

http://techauto.tripod.com/mainrelaydefine.htm

where its located
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

The guy at honda told me to check if my relay was bad. It sure was and it costed about..damn i dont remember 40-80 bux. Anyways, he said that you could bang the dash board on the left side of the guage pod/steering wheel. Bang it right on top of the dash and if it starts this time thats your problem. Not a great way to check if thats the problem, but the guy at Honda said to try it. Guess it wouldnt hurt...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

yeah, thanks

i have a junk accord at home so im gona just change it
                and hope it works, cant wait to get home
                NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Sounds to me like your ignition switch is bad, do your dash lights come on when you put it on the ON position?

Comment

so you finally changed the fuel pump? and now this?

usually if its the main relay you have some symtoms.. like after you run it for a while and then stop and try and start it it wont start.. if you turn the key to the on position, can you hear the fuel pump prime? or hum
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

^going after what he said, if it dont start

turn off the car take the key out

then turn on the car and listen to when the check engine light turns off and if u dont hear a click then its ur main relay...but if u do then its something else.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ok...heres the deal
                        still not starting, cranks but doesnt start
                        heres what ive done.....
                        checked distributor, coil....fine...isnt that
                        brought new started.......fine....isnt that
                        change the main relay......clicks, fine.......isnt that
                        battery terminal....new, fine......isnt that
                        spark plugs changed...new......isnt that

only thing im stuck on is the fuel pump (phatdoughnut, havent changed it yet).
                        i mean, i get the whirring noise that it suppose to make once u turn the key to the ON position but my question is.....can it still be faulty even if you here this noise.
                        the Haynes manual says once u start the car the whirring noise should be constent.

so im guessing if u hear the noise while the keys in the ON position, thats cool, but u have to start the car to verify that the pumps working correctly.

so im stuck at the fuel pump (which i have i a new one, just really dont kno how to install it)

because like i said (from what i got from the hayne manual) i think just because the fuel pump pressurizes the system once u turn the car ON, doesnt mean its working while the cars STARTED.
                        so i guess (if its my pump) the pumps pressurizing but not pump fuel to get the car started and stay started....

i dont kno, whatever it is, im gona find out
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                          Sounds to me like your ignition switch is bad, do your dash lights come on when you put it on the ON position?
                          o yeah, lights come on also

also thanks for the help guys

atleast i got a new main relay (and knowledge of it) and a new starter
                          Last edited by theone; 05-19-2004, 09:02 AM.
                          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

ahh, get a can of fuel injector starter from your local auto store and spray it into your intake. If it is your fuel pump that is bad, the car will start with this, im currently in the same boat. Even though i hear the fuel pump prime, it doesnt continue after the car starts. I also need to change my fuel pump so i have to start the car with this.

Comment

How's the car coming along man? Any news?

I'm wondering if it could be something internal. Something serious. I hope not for sure, but it's a possibility. Could the engine have seized? Have you gotten it started except for that one time? When it DID start, was it running perfectly?

I don't want to suggest the worst, but hell, if that's the problem, wasting money on new parts otherwise won't be a good thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X