replaced cam seal and hella others!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replaced cam seal and hella others!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

total bill 330.

replaced cam seal, but found the oil pump seal, balance shaft or whatever and some other seal down there was all leaking!

so he charged me like 30 bucks for those

and then i got my rocker arm tower seals under the rocker arms replaced, lol he showed me them and i thought they were plastic but they were bad and i never knew

got a valve adjustment and 2 new belts, timming and balance cause they were drenched in oil

and the result is a cool running car.

before hand i ran about 4 years on the cam seal leaking, but gosh all the other seals were really bad too!
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

dude thats mad cheap.you got a hookup?you even got the timing belt changed for that price?hope it works out well 4 ya.

Comment

yea this guy here is good and really cheap. i got both belts changed as well, might as well u know.

i didnt have time to do all that work, took him 4 hours.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

dude the shopsaround here are charging over$500 for that shit to be done so you got a hella deal.good going man,now i'm jealous. .ahwell swaps coming..

Comment

hehe timming belt anad water pumps he charges hella cheap.

but he is good, come over here man and ill hook u up lol.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

ya i have 240k miles,and i found out today that its the stock timing belt.lol that could cause damge sooner or later.lol.

Comment

mrhonda and I did the cam seal, balance shaft seal, crank seal, timing belt, balance shaft belt, spark plug seals, plug tube seals, distributor o ring, and valve adjustment a few weeks ago. We got pics for most all the steps. As soon as we can convert them from one format to another, we'll have them posted.
              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

dude post that, thats a good addition to the site!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                  ya i have 240k miles,and i found out today that its the stock timing belt.lol that could cause damge sooner or later.lol.
                  whoa!!! Better do it soon!
                  00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Re: replaced cam seal and hella others!

Originally posted by accordztech
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

total bill 330.

replaced cam seal, but found the oil pump seal, balance shaft or whatever and some other seal down there was all leaking!

so he charged me like 30 bucks for those

and then i got my rocker arm tower seals under the rocker arms replaced, lol he showed me them and i thought they were plastic but they were bad and i never knew

got a valve adjustment and 2 new belts, timming and balance cause they were drenched in oil
                    Wow, thats a damn good deal! I usually charge around $350 on Accords. Glad you got it all done tho. Don't you just feel better now.
                    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

damn i should get it done soon huh. i dont have that much spare change. but my swap isnt for a little while so i should get it done.i wish labor wasnt so dam expensive.if mrhonda lived around here i would drive to his house and pay him whatvere becasue i know it would be cheaper than around here..........................wear do u live? lol texas.damn.

Comment

As cheap as all that work was did your mechanic use OEM parts?

Comment

no he didnt he used german parts, he showed me the oem and german parts, and they were the same price just about, yet honda was slow....

the quality of the german one was alot better than oem...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                            no he didnt he used german parts, he showed me the oem and german parts, and they were the same price just about, yet honda was slow....

the quality of the german one was alot better than oem...
                            Ah yes, the Continental belts. From what I recall the OE parts I've gotten through my friend (mechanic) were usually made in Japan/Germany anyway. The water pump on the H22 is branded GMB and made in Japan. $25 well spent I think the t-belt was about $6:P

Comment

yea all i know it said germany but it said another name, i think the one ur mentioning...but side by side comparison to hondas, honda is more plastic like and german was more rubbbery...

but its a belt, hehe.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X