Removing window brake light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing window brake light

Im peeling off the old tint and i need to get where that tail light goes plus a bee decided to crawl itself into the light. I cant seem to take it off even though ive taken off both nuts. is there anything im missing?
    ]

Anyone?????
    ]

Comment

ive had 20 ppl look at this and not reply... somones gotta know
      ]

Comment

if i remember well you will need to remove the rear deck then the light should come off

Comment

I looked in my Haynes manual and it didn't seem too specific on how to do it. I've been looking to take mine out for a while too, as I have a dead whatthehelleveritis in there.
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

2 weeks ago .. I have done it!

1. You will need to remove.. two rear speakers..

2. Remove 2 bolts that is holding the 3rd brake light plus light bulb socket..

3. Fold the rear seat.. remove the long plastic trim around the security lock mechanism. (from rear deck)

4. Rear deck cover is holding by plastic clips.. So you will need to start it from edge of the rear deck cover. Do it slow and very carefully not to break the plastic clips. There are about 20 plastic clips.. that is attach to rear deck cover.
            Last edited by accordmaniac; 05-18-2004, 01:14 AM.
            1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
            2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
            3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
            4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
            5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

sweet!

The Powers that Be around here should make this an DIY FYI sticky somewhere.
              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

yeah i just got my blower and made it blow into the little slit
                in between the window and the light and it blew the bee out!

i cant believe it stayed in their with the way i drive
                ]

Comment

Working...
                X