ac and ps belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ac and ps belt

95 honda accord how hard is it.. i hope all you do is loosen a bolt to loosen the belt and just slide it on i'm trying to do this myself to save money and time.. how hard is it to do.. trying to do it tommorrow.. any DIY or any HOW TO.. sorry don't have a manual and won't have time to pick one up tommorrow..
    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Easy. 2 bolts holding the thing one and one adjuster for both alternator and PS. Just loosen both and loosen the adjuster and belts should come off. Pretty easy. You just need a 12/14/10mm sockets. The 12 is somewhat of a bitch to find if its your first time.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm going to be doing this procedure soon too so what is a good way to determine the tightness of the belts once installed. Its bad if they are too loose or too tight right??

Comment

tighten them reallllllllly tight. if they're too loose, they'll squeal when you start your car. if your car doesnt squeal at start up but squeals during a turn, however, your PS belt isn't tight enough.
        My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Originally posted by joshnrosen
          tighten them reallllllllly tight. if they're too loose, they'll squeal when you start your car. if your car doesnt squeal at start up but squeals during a turn, however, your PS belt isn't tight enough.
          Bad info right there. What I do is tighten it and if I cant turn the belt 180 degrees then its tighte enough. You still want some slack. Over tightening is not a good thing in this case. Also about 100 miles or so you might have to retighten a bit because the belt eventually stretches a bit.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
          X