Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help! how get DP off with stripped bolts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help! how get DP off with stripped bolts???

okay I need to remove my downpipe. I got 2 of the 3 bolts off. The last bolt is all stripped hardcore. I want to grind it off but how can i do this... I need something long to stick up there to grind that one nut off.

Any ideas? I have a dremel but that wont work since its short and i need something at least 12 in to get up there.

Let me know

If you can fit a small file up there, you can try to file it back to an edge and put a smaller socket on it. Other options is to take out the radiator and all that stuff, take a center punch and put an indent on one side of the nut, then just hammer on the center punch while it's lodged in the hole, in the direction of the nuts removal, and it should break loose. If that fails, and you can get a bolt extractor up there, you can just pull the entire stud, nut and all, out of the manifold/downpipe.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

yeah

well see the nut is fine it just keeps spinning the threads are all toast.

I need to do it without taking rad out.

Comment

Ah, I see. You crossthreaded it then. I did the same thing when I took off my down pipe. With your socket on it, try angling the nut to the point where it feels like it takes some effort to turn the wratchet, then when it feels loose, change your angle again, and just keep doing that. That's how I got mine off. The stud and the nut will be FUBAR though. You can just by another bolt/nut. The size is M10x1.25.
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

if your scrapping the downpipe cut it with a grinder right at about where it bends to go up.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

My car did that too, but I was at my mechs shop and he had a grinder. Grinded it off and put a new bolt in.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

na just get some easy outs they work wonders on exhausts

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Working...
              X