gas mileage drop???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas mileage drop???

ok , I noticed im getting about 180kms less to a tank then I was getting before, im only getting about 340k a tank, im not sure if somthings wrong or if its just because its winter. I recently had my IM takin off to change my rear mount, and I also seafoamed my engine. It is idleing alot more cause of the cold but is it normal for there to be this big of a change?? im getting 14mpg

My Members Ride Page

14mpg is fucking horrible!

SOME decrease in mpg during the winter is normal, but that much means something is def wrong.

you could have clogged your cat when you seafoamed your car. you could have also ruined your o2 sensor if its never been replaced.

I say start with your o2 sensor.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I find my mile gets a tad better in the winter due to the colder air here haha, and the snow on my hood haha. Summer is alright, i dunno, srry no clue about the seafoam stuff and what it does.

check sensors or if your running rich, mine idels at 1500rpm at cold start then drops down to around 500-600rpm when its warmed up, sometimes it would dip down to 210ish rpm haha, udnno how unless my cluster is started to act up?
      1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
      Originally posted by yeamans17
      you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

well how could seafoam have clogged my cat its spos to be harmless, and works miracles according to everybody

My Members Ride Page

Comment

where do you think all those deposits go once theyre out of your engine? straight to your car b/c they get clogged there.

Comment

I put $20 bucks of gas in my car. I get just over 400K all city driveing.. and i have a heavy foot.

im only getting about 340k a tank,
            That cannot be right, or there is something serious wrong with ur ride?
            and the winter will bring yoru gas milage down a bit!!

Try a valve Adjustment.?
            probley hasn't been done in along time if at all.
            My Ride...

Comment

valve adjustment done about 15k ago, no black smoke, the gas isnt leaking, no cels, no smells, engine runs good, had a leakdown and compression test done recently, 200 psi on compression, and 10-12% on leakdown, no hesitations. the needles just dropping realy quick

My Members Ride Page

Comment

full filter..?
                My Ride...

Comment

I've recently noticed a drop in MPG, all highway too. Over the summer I got 26-27 mpg and now I'm into the 23-24 mpg range with similar driving habits. I just replaced my Air Filter and PCV Valve, and the mileage decreased to 23. I use Techron fuel treatment every 3000 miles or so.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to raise gas mileage?
                  (90LX coupe, yakima roofrack with fairing, stock otherwise, 190K miles, passes emissions tests with flying colors).

Comment

Man I'm Pissed Im having the SAME problem. it was really good before. problem. Things on my list:
                    -Timing
                    -Valve lash
                    -O2 sensor
                    -fuel injector cleaner

Originally posted by kc8enb07
                    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

replacing your o2 sensor and cleaning out your injectors are great ways to start.

maybe some egr port cleaning.

Comment

theres 2 o2 sensors right? arent they like 120$ a peice, this might be related but the other day when it was really cold my engine was making this poping sound like a vavle was opejning and closing every second and It was coming from the right side of the intake manifold which I think is the egr valve. it eventualy went away

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
                          well how could seafoam have clogged my cat its spos to be harmless, and works miracles according to everybody
                          its not harmless, people suggest changing oil, oil filter, plugs, and o2 sensor after a deep seafoam cycle.

universal o2 sensors are 50 bucks...
                          only one sensor (LX/DX is on top part of header, EX's are on the bottom nearing the cat)
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I didnt put it in my crankcase, and it says oxygen senser safe on it

My Members Ride Page

Comment

ok who wants to guess at what the hell is going on here, I found out my plug wires were original and, the cap and rotor were shot to hell. I replaced them all with oem honda parts and NO FUCKIN DIFFERENCE. I also had the o2 sensor checked and it was reading 16 ohms, so its within spec. Is there a really easy way to test the Cat without taking it off of? like somthing I can do in my driveway?

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Working...
                              X