Rolling back Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling back Miles

The dude i bought the car from put a differetn cluster in my car becuase it was swapped from auto to manual and had a diff cluster from the junkyard which reads 270,000. my car only has around 220,000 miles and i want to fix it is thier anyway to roll it back without fucking shit up??
    ]

Just leave it as is...Its illegal and yea...If you were so worried you might as well taken off the vss but then you would have prob done more stupid shit. If your trying to get rid of the car you prob arent gonna get much for it. If you want to do it for the hell of it sure there are ways.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

u can find a lower number cluster. or drove for like 50,000mi with it out then you will be accurate

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        Just leave it as is...Its illegal and yea...If you were so worried you might as well taken off the vss but then you would have prob done more stupid shit. If your trying to get rid of the car you prob arent gonna get much for it. If you want to do it for the hell of it sure there are ways.
        im doing it for the hell of it lol im never gonna sell my car! i jsut want to restore it to being like a brand new porsche, i jsut redid the whole interior.
        ]

Comment

Accord != Porsche
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
            im doing it for the hell of it lol im never gonna sell my car!
            then why does it matter? later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
              then why does it matter? later.
              That too...Might as well put a piece of tape over the mileage.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

tryn to build a show car, cant have a show car with 270k!
                ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                  tryn to build a show car, cant have a show car with 270k!
                  why not if yo shit is done right they'll be like "damn he got like 270 thousand miles and it looks this good, wow he deserves extra consideration" lol

Ride List
                  1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                  2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                  newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

If you are trying to build a show car, make the odometer digital somehow...it'll look cool.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

a show car?

you sure didn't show at the meet today. hmm....

Comment

you redid the whole interior huh? is that your excuse?? *sigh* im going to need to see some proof..ESPECIALLY since you missed the meet which left us without a bbq grill

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                        Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                        by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

So sticking with the original question. With a guage from a junkyard, is there anyway to manually change the odo? Illegal be damned, I'd say its not if its not being done in the way described, and hell, our cars are exempt from Odo reading when registered anyway.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Ok, heres what you do. Put that cluster in a different cb7. Set it up so you can just leave a brick/anvil/fat chick on the pedal and have it go 80. Rig the front wheels up to a couple of rollers and just drive until the car craps out. Do that with a few more cars and just roll over the odo. SIMPLE!!!

Seriously, leave it alone.
                            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Take the cover off the cluster and use a small screwdriver to turn back the first digit. You can change the 270,000 miles to 170 or 70. It's very easy just be careful.

PURCHASED NOVEMBER 1991. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER. BEAT THAT!

Comment

Working...
                              X