IAC problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IAC problem

For those that in the past had problems with the IAC, what are the more common problems, how did you get notice of the problem. Tnx
    Razer.-

Rev rev rev

well i cleaned mine out but didnt see much difference.but the screen was black.clean it out just so your safe.heres the diy by accordztech.good luck.i cleaned my egr ports and saw hella improvement.

tools:
    13 mm wrench
    throttle body cleaner thats safe for sensors (sea foam i use)
    q tips
    ---
    TIme required: 30 minutes
    diffuculty: (1-10) 3...
    ---
    you should clean your throttle body too. since thats apart of the intake system.
    ---
    why you should do this?
    the reason as to why you should do this is simple. over time the air filter lets in particles that builds up. all that stuff gets on the sensors and then kills a little MPG and performance. might as well clean it out...i noticed a increase in throttle response, and smoother engine performance.
    ---
    procedure:
    1. locate the IAC and remove the 2 gold 13mm bolts...(PIC # 1 & #2)
    2. pull off the IAC...and DO NOT REMOVE THE RUBBER LINES UNDER.
    3. get your throttle body cleaner and put the straw on and spray the screen. (dont spray too much just 2 shots).
    4. use the qtip and gently wipe away the black guew....use another one when it gets black.
    5. use a flathead screwdriver and gently edge the screen to get the surrounding gunk off.
    6. the screen should be pretty silver
    7. spray some throttle body cleaner into the holes that go into the IAC...let evaporate for 10 minutes
    8. clean the rubber ring with a rag and replace the IAC
    9. when u start the car make sure that u revv the car to get the carbon buildup out that the throttle body cleaner took out.
    ---
    you should notice a differnce in driveability. for a while, push the car to its limit to get carbon out...

***problems?***
    if u notice a low idle, u may have taken off the conenctor on the IAC (the black thing).

if ur car idles abnormally, the IAC is still wet...revv revv revv...let idle to dry or turn off and let dry....it shouldnt be like that for long.

adjust idle as well. then go ahead and reset ur ecu.

note: you can buy sea foam only in certain places....i got mine at napa i believe, or at tognotties. but any that is safe for throttle bodies and sensors is fine....

u can also spray a little cleaner into the PCV valve....

Comment

how do you know that u have IAC problems? is it a check engine light,

oh and 91accord4door ->
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Not sure

My problem is that im not sure to have problems with the IAC.
        :s
        Razer.-

Rev rev rev

Comment

well what makes you think theres a prob?
          and accordztech thats a very good diy.i learned by following your steps.

Comment

if your having problems with really bad gas mileage,or shitty shifting(manual).it could be clogged egr ports man.when i cleaned my egr ports ialso cleaned the IAC,throttle body,all at once and my car has ran soooooo good ever since.i suggest that if your not throwing codes than dont bother unless you have a real problem.i was throwing a cel,#12 wich was the egr system.you will only throw a cel if something is wrong with your emmissions.give me some info on what your problem is if you have one,and i will help ya the best i can.thanks.

Comment

one question id like to ask, what is your problem? like what does the car do? or what does the car NOT do?
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Ok... Now all it's clean, but still the problem :P.
                The exactly problem it's this.
                When im driving normally and press the accelerator pedal and then just

release the pedal the rpm's drops 400 or 500 rpm's and then they go up

again then goes down normally;
                The rpm's must drop but softly not 400 or 500 rpm's in a pair of

second It's a 91 SE automatic, did you think could be the

transmission?, I also check the deflection of the throttle cable.
                Razer.-

Rev rev rev

Comment

Working...
                X