Very hard shifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very hard shifts

When my automatic shifts it jerks teh whole car its horrible and cannot be good for my axels what should i do? reset my ecu and tranny module.
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

could could be a mount.also whens the last time you changed your tranny fluid?

Comment

about a year ago i changed the fluid, and i dont know about the mount

Comment

depends on what you mean by hard shifting,is it shaky?it could be the your rear motor mount,or tranny mount.there rubber so they go bad over time.the rear mounts a bitch and it holds fluid so its hella expensive.give me more details as to what its doing.is it on take off?

Comment

This is a classic Honda problem on older cars. Really not a whole lot you can do about it. My sisters 91 with 190k on it does this.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Try replacing the front mount if you haven't done so already, that helped on my car...didn't fix everything but certainly helped a lot.

Comment

well when you shift from like drive to neutral and to drive it kicks, and when you go from like park to revers it just shakes. could be my mounts. ill have them checked THANKS

Comment

what type of fluid did u use, id change the fluid again and add lube quard.

check the front oand rear motor mounts though, see if there is any craks inside the mount.

check ur tranny fluid, what is the color of the fluid, what does it smell like?

is it pink, ,grey brown etc...

does it smell like burnt gas or something or just a fine normal smell
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                X