transmission problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission problem

well i have the JDM m2b4 LSD tranny and it has been acting funny lately. today when i was driving it didnt want to go in gear, any gear! i have to push as hard as i can to get it into first gear and it kinda clunks when i take it out. could the transmission itself be bad? maybe bad synchros or even linkage? any info would be great, i goto an auto tech school but i havent really learned how a transmission works so if someone has a link that can explain it to me thatd be awesome, thanks
    new ride
    07 cobalt ss/sc

Sounds like a clutch problem to me.

PURCHASED NOVEMBER 1991. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER. BEAT THAT!

Comment

even check slave master cylinder.

Comment

could it be the VSS? i have a CEL for it and i know it spins in the transmission, could it be seized and not spinning and causing it to have a problem going in gear?
        new ride
        07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

drain the fluid and refill but add GM syncromesh and it might help

but check and see if its a clutch problem first. because if its not going in any gear sounds like your not getting suction on the line...
          ]

Comment

does it go into the gears easy when you have the car off? if it stays the same and you cant shift at all when the cars both off or on then you should check and make sure the cables arent bound up under the rear motormount. Make sure they are over the rear mount not under it just double check ive seen it happen to people. If the car is off and you can get into all gears with no problem then its a clutch related problem. Did you also use the clutch alaignment tool when you put the clutch back in ?

Comment

Check your master cylinder and see if there is still fluid in there. The Clutch master cylinder that is.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

synchromesh isnt going to help this issue. Btw isnt it even filled with tranny fluid better make sure it has any in there.

Comment

well i never put a clutch into the car, i got it on a lift today and its full with clutch fluid and tranny fluid and it isnt leaking anywhere. when the car is off i can put it in any gear fine. im doing a water pump on the car this week and i might pull off the tranny to check the clutch and make sure all the linkage is okay.
                  new ride
                  07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

sounds like a clutch related problem. I would check to see if your clutch master cyl is leaking by your pedal. Since you can put it in gear fine when its off, its more than likey clutch related, whether it be the fluid system to push the slave cyl, or even a stick throw out bearing. I would check the easy stuff first, including bleeding the system

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
                    X