shift gets stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shift gets stuck

yo guys i have a 90 accord AUTOMATIC. yesterday while working the shift was getting stuck when i shifted from P . i mean there were times that i had to aply a lot of force in order to take it off the P. and when i shft it from Park i kind of hear this grinding noise.
    throu out the other gears i can shift very very easy. no problems there.
    but the only problem i got it to shift FROM Park.
    any ideas.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

come on guys anywone.

Comment

check to see if you have enough transmission oil

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
      If God is for Me
      Who Dares be aganist Me!
      BX Crew
      HSHO # 6
      Lexotic Concepts 019

Comment

everything is fine with the tranny. and i don't park on elevation streets. its only the P. when i try to take off the P to put it to D its hard to take off Park. in other gears its easy but to take off of Park is hard.
        the cable looks ok. i can her like it grinds at the shift place.

any other ideas.

Comment

im starting to have that same problem, the Honda tech i work with said it was most likely the shift cable starting to fray and rubbing the inside of the sheath. he said it usually only dose it in park and sense im sure he's done those a hundred times in the years he worked there im going to take his advice
          92 Accord EX 2dr -- G22 project
          -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

I had the same problem , got a new shift cable and fixed it.

Comment

well i work as a delivery. now the shift is not that hard to take off the Park. its hard and smooth(if u get what i mean) right now i am ok with smooth.
              how much will a shift cable cost for our automatic cars?

Comment

getting out of park

yoo there is a shift fork in the tranny for the parking gear. its sort of like a manual tranny with shift forks for the different gears. thats pretty much y u may have to give it force. happens to me once in a while.

Comment

adjust tranny cable. u dont need a new one unless its snapped

idle too high
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yeah i think the cable is ok. i changed the tranny 1 month ago and i didn't have the problem with the shifter. tomorrow i will check if what is wrong with the cable.

Comment

if u have a service manual they tell u how to adjust the cable and also how to adjust it under the shifter area

check it out, good luck and report back
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                      X