Clutch not Engaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch not Engaging

Well, I swapped my tranny (f22a1 with just a regular f series tranny to replace) everything went well, had it running for 2 days no problem.

last night i was driving and i lost clutch pressure, got it home and noticed the clutch master cylinder was leaking, replaced that, tried to bleed it, built up a little pressure but not enough to engage the tranny (i've tried adjusting the pedal) so i figure it may be the slave cylinder even though its new, just replaced that... same exact thing. little pressure, not engaging. i'm stumped.

any ideas will help. I'm hoping its not the springs on the clutch itself.

after work bump... any ideas?

Comment

weird.

After doing a clutch install and putting the tranny on my car.

this is why i gave up with my car

What the fuck is wrong with that? I cant even push the thing out. its suppose to be to the left not the right. Its like stuck
      ugh

Comment

did you torque the pressure plate to 19 ft lbs? How long did you bleed the system?

----------------------

Maple, did you put that arm back in correctly? I had to mess with mine a bit with the throw our bearing on there to make sure it sat all the way back. Also becareful that you didnt lose that spring thingy that goes on that arm behind the TOB.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
          did you torque the pressure plate to 19 ft lbs? How long did you bleed the system?

----------------------

Maple, did you put that arm back in correctly? I had to mess with mine a bit with the throw our bearing on there to make sure it sat all the way back. Also becareful that you didnt lose that spring thingy that goes on that arm behind the TOB.
          never took the pressure plate off, i changed my clutch last winter a year ago less then 10,000 miles on it, and its been fine, i just swapped the tranny casing/gears. I'm going to try changing the clutch again this weekend, hopefully tomorrow night and see if that solves anything... i'm thinking that maybe one of the springs or fingers get bent and or broke or something... sad to say

Comment

I would say bleed it more. Takes a while if you replaced the MC. Usually it takes longer.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Bleed it more. Bleed, bleed, and bleed some more. If that doesn't work then take that master cylinder back, it could be defective.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter
              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

yeah ull be bleeding it in for a long time. but gradually it should build up pressure.
                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                Disregard females, acquire currency
                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

well guys, turned out it was the slave cylinder and the adjustment of the pedal, i didn't have it right but my old man played around with the pedal and its working fine now!

Comment

Working...
                  X