Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*searched* Crank but no fire on cold morning. Coil or ignitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*searched* Crank but no fire on cold morning. Coil or ignitor?

Went to go start my h22 (jdm) accord this morning and it just cranks and cranks. Today has been the first day that it has been below 35 degrees and so I searched for cold temp start problems. Someone said they had this problem and replaced the Ignitor (ignition module). I also searched and found that the f22 ignitor works in the h22 Dizzy. I happened to have a spare from my old motor so I pulled the h22 ignitor out and put the f22 in. They looked different but everything lined up. Well, when I turn the key, it still just cranks and cranks. I'm wondering if it's becuase it is the ignitor is the wrong one or if it's the coil. I do have the internal coil BTW. Also, when I took off the cap, there was reddish/brown dust all in it. It almost looks like rust buy there is no evidence of water. Any feedback would be appreciated so I won't buy the wrong part tomorrow. Thanks for the fast replies in advanced!

Keith
    Former Ride:
    93 Accord Coupe
    Jdm H22 w/ LSD
    Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
    Bone stock 99 2.3CL
    Black on Black Leather
    5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
    C. S. Lewis

What was this reddish rust touching or comin from?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      What was this reddish rust touching or comin from?
      It was all on the inside of the cap and under the plastic guard behind the button. Basically it was on every surface when I took the cap off.
      Former Ride:
      93 Accord Coupe
      Jdm H22 w/ LSD
      Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
      Bone stock 99 2.3CL
      Black on Black Leather
      5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by exratedaccord93
        It was all on the inside of the cap and under the plastic guard behind the button. Basically it was on every surface when I took the cap off.
        you may need a new distr. housing. bad bearings. take the distr. off and turn the bottom of the distr. and see if it is hard to turn or twist it back and forth.
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
          you may need a new distr. housing. bad bearings. take the distr. off and turn the bottom of the distr. and see if it is hard to turn or twist it back and forth.
          Are you talking about turning the thing with two tabs that goes into the valve cover? If thats the case, that's kind of hard to turn. I feels crunchy when you turn it.
          Former Ride:
          93 Accord Coupe
          Jdm H22 w/ LSD
          Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
          Bone stock 99 2.3CL
          Black on Black Leather
          5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

anyone have anymore advice?
            Former Ride:
            93 Accord Coupe
            Jdm H22 w/ LSD
            Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
            Bone stock 99 2.3CL
            Black on Black Leather
            5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

crunchY???? that aint good. did it make any noises when it was running like a bad bearing? a little bit of a bumpy feeling is ok like as if it has specific places it's supposed to stay in... but if it feel crunchy and is hard to turn then that's bad. check around that 2 tab thing that fits in the end of your cams and check the bearing and sorts...

as for the no fire when cold i haven't hard of that unless the condensate from the air froze around your plug wires and is grounding out on your hood or engine...providing your wires are bad.
              WTB:
              88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
              OR
              90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

Two tabs??? You talkin bout the end that meets the cam on the head??? lol if it feels crunchy then you need a new dizzy or something lol.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                X