seafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seafoam

I brought some seafoam today and put it in with a about 1\4 a tank of gas . Is this okay or do I need to put some more gas in.

how much seafoam did you put in?
    Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
      how much seafoam did you put in?
      I put a about 3 oz. in crankcase and about one in the intake and the rest in the gastank. I did put some more gas but now I am hearing that I should have put most of it into the inkake.

Comment

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Start reading instructions!

You are NOT supposed to run with that stuff in your oil and drive normal. It's just to put in there and let it swash around at IDLE right before you change your oil!!!
        1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
        2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

Seafoam is some great stuff, pull a vacum hose off and let the engine draw a bunch in 'till it wants to die, shut engine off for five minutes, fire up and watch the smoke roll out! I wouldn't recomend driving with sea' in the oil though, better to use auto tranny oil for that, nice and mild way of cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepz
            WHOA WHOA WHOA! Start reading instructions!

You are NOT supposed to run with that stuff in your oil and drive normal. It's just to put in there and let it swash around at IDLE right before you change your oil!!!
            yea, you need an oil change after you add seafoam to your oil.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Ok. I only drove 1 day before I changed my oil. speaking of that anybody realized that our oil filter is in the most gayest place on the car. I got oil all over the down pipe and a drop fell in my nose.

Comment

LOL thats why you stand to the side??? haha I never heard anyone get oil in there faces lol. I have no complaints just gettin to it. As for it leaking all over the stuff aint nothing a lil shop towel/rag wont fix.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Oil up in ur nose? That's some funny shyt Sry. Seafoam works wonders. I put a whole can in the gas and cleans the shyt out of things. I wouldn't recommend doing it alot though.
                  Last edited by jova1993cb; 01-20-2007, 11:40 PM. Reason: adding

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

Yea I started jerking all around when it happened, if it wasnt for the jack stands the car might have fell on me.

Comment

Originally posted by EXCoup
                      Ok. I only drove 1 day before I changed my oil. speaking of that anybody realized that our oil filter is in the most gayest place on the car. I got oil all over the down pipe and a drop fell in my nose.
                      If you thought that was bad...just wait til you have to change the front brake rotors...
                      "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
                      ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
                      US Navy Electrician
                      Contact me if you need help on the side.
                      '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
                      '01 Civic LX
                      '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

Originally posted by drkshdw107
                        If you thought that was bad...just wait til you have to change the front brake rotors...

x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha, mine are coming up, but ive done em with a friend, WHAT A BITCH!!! haha
                        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                        Disregard females, acquire currency
                        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

those rotors are a pain in the ass! i did it on a 93 dx and it took forever!

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

Originally posted by EXCoup
                            1 day before the change or about 10-20 miles is what I do with seafoam. You should have put more in the intake, but you can always buy another bottle and run it through there.

Oil filter I have come to learn is not really in that bad a spot. If you use an OEM filter, which are longer and narrower than the ones you get at advance it is very easy to reach up and unscrew it. I always lay a good foot to the side though, to prevent the oil in the face. And when it comes unscrewed I point the end of it up so I don't spill any more oil.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter
                            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by drkshdw107
                              I hate to hear that I know mine are coming up soon also.

Comment

Working...
                              X