Lower radiator hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower radiator hose

Does anyone know the best way to change the Lower radiator hose. It looks like I might have to take off the bumper

YOu shouldnt...Loosen the bottom clamp and the clamp where the hose meets the t-stat housing...Wiggle it out. Shouldnt be much to it.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      YOu shouldnt...Loosen the bottom clamp and the clamp where the hose meets the t-stat housing...Wiggle it out. Shouldnt be much to it.
      x2 i should know my whole radiator and lower hose had to be changed 10 minutes after i bought my car haha!!! its ez tho. good luck
      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
      Disregard females, acquire currency
      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

easiest, most clean method would be to just drain your radiator first.. then just remove the clamps holding on the hose and put the new one on and refill.. not hard at all..

and i dont know what gave you the idea that you would have to take off the bumper.. wtf?

Comment

Thanks guys I just could not see were the bottom part of the hose connected. Ima try to change that and my oil pan gasket tonight.

Comment

first drain coolant, take off upper hose and left cooling fan for clearance, then u can access the lower clamp

u also have to take off intake piping to access the the upper clamp
            "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

I finished it. I didnt have to take off anything but the short ram but it was a tight fit for the lower one. I think it is the wrong hose or I should have got the oem one because it is bigger than the old one.

Comment

Yeah the auto parts store make them big in case they don't fit. They'd rather them be too big and have the end user cut it than two small and have it returned.
                1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
                2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

LOL nobody said to remove the splash guard for easier access under the car.

My swap thread
                  Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Depends on clamp location. Usually I can reach the petcock through that lil hole and drain the coolant that way. Then I just pull off the hose from the top of the engine bay. I always aim the part you clamp up to prevent having to go under the car. Yea I am lazy.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                    X