Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me diagnose this headlight problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me diagnose this headlight problem.

When I put my lights on (lo-beam) I get both lo-beams and both hi-beam bulbs lighting up, the hi-beam are really, really dim. The driver side lights (both lo and hi) are much, much dimmer than the passenger side. Then when I hit my hi-beams the driver side completely goes out, but the passenger side works fine.

Where should I even start??
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Start by checking your fuses (under the hood).

Members Ride Thread

Comment

lol, well I know that. those are already checked and good.
      I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

ever just tried replacing the bulbs?

or this might give you an excuse to go hid.

Comment

check your lighting relay under your hood
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

check relay, then the headlight switch itself, then trace the wiring and look for shorts.

Comment

Yeah you've got a short, start tracing wires. No simple answers for that one, could be in the switch itself. peace

Comment

fuses had been visually checked, but after testing with a multimeter it ended up being the fuse for that headlight.

Comment

your fuse it out.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

goes to show you, always check with a multimeter. just because it looks like it's not blown, doesn't mean it really isn't.

Comment

this just goes to show some people dont realy know whats happenin first hand. but then again i coulb be wrong. im just talkkin from my personal exp.

say man i had the same problem when i had an electrical problem after a deck instal. the horn. ac . interior lights/ and cig lite wen out. i went to check all the fuses and wires and couldnt figure it out. then i turned it on to c if it would still work and i got both lights on with realy dim hi beams. when i took it to the technicina (electrial tech) he showed me that i put the fuse in the wrong slot. lol. whoooooooooooooooooops E

Comment

Working...
                      X