• Show
Clear All

how much should all of this cost

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
      how much should all of this cost
      check out the first page. CPMike posted my info with the prices.
      Bean Town Crew Member #3
      Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
      "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

so we are supposed to ditch that spring shit on there is that possible becuase on one post it says to keep it on the other post on this part on the forum is is stillt here why?

Comment

hey...so is this somethin that you should definately do other wise you will blow the motor up or juss longer life on the engine n less stress?....please fill me in....i juss ordered my engine n im thinkin i should order those parts....anyone know a place where you can order those parts for the tensioner? any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

The auto tensioner properly maintanced and used is very reliable. However individuals with aftermarket valve trains that are taking the H22A higher in the RPM range then the OE rev limiter and longer then normal benefit from this swap since it's less prone to failure.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

well i should juss do it...cheap and easy since the engine isnt it....probly wish i did if i decide not to

Comment

tensioner

i swap mine to the manual one and it was pretty easy. i just dont want to throw my valve train in the long run!

Comment

what if i don't necessarily have the time and/or know how to do this...more like i don't feel like ordering new parts...can't i just get them used of an junked h23? can i go to a garage and say "listen here bitch, convert this over?" do other people know how to do this?

Comment

j

Comment

I wouldnt trust just any shop to mess with stuff like that. If they dont do it on a daily basis, they will either not do it, or end up screwing it up. Just do it yourself, gain experience and save money. Thats the only way to do it.

Comment

so could someone do a more complete DIY on this conversion? one with more than some arrows and numbers?

Comment

help

Originally posted by [mike]
                          im finally putting the whole manual tensioner in, but when i try to wrap the h22a belt around everything, its extremely tight... i hardly managed to get the belt on all the gears and pulley, but the pulley has absolutely ZERO room to make tension, its pushed all the way back against the bolt.

i compared the manual h23 tbelt tensioner pulley with the auto h22 tbelt tensioner pulley, and the h22 one is alot smaller than the h23 one- most likely why the h23 pulley makes it so the belt doesnt really fit.

** am i supposed to use an h23 timing belt? **
                          I just installed my manual tensioner and had the exact same problem...then timing belt was really tight to install...is this right...what did you do .....cause you mentioned nevermind...you got it!!!!
                          Also...I am not re installing the balancer belt....did you???
                          93 Accord H22A JDM 200HP

Comment

Originally posted by sleepin
                            I'm still confused about this, why do i want to do this, so if i keep it between that rev limits my motor is ok?
                            The automatic timing belt tensioner has been known to fail on H22 motors. It is just a safety precaution, others have seen them fail; hence the reason the swap over the H23 manual and get rid of their auto tensioner. If you search Honda-Tech, you can find very many threads about auto tensioners failing and leading to engine damage.

Evolution

Comment

Originally posted by jinusean
                              The automatic timing belt tensioner has been known to fail on H22 motors. It is just a safety precaution, others have seen them fail; hence the reason the swap over the H23 manual and get rid of their auto tensioner. If you search Honda-Tech, you can find very many threads about auto tensioners failing and leading to engine damage.
                              Well im not sure if the tensioner itself is to blame. I havent heard of one going out, but my guess is that since you have to have the correct tools, and be very careful with them, the modified cars that had them only had the builder to blame. But I would much rather convert, as I did than worry about messing up a stupid tensioner.

Comment

can't the parts from an f22a 1-6 and i believe b1 b2 b4 be used also. On ebay these parts are listed to all be the same. If this is the case then why not use your old shit off of your f22 after all your pulling it out and it will then sit and rot, or if you sell it then that person can replace that shit. If i buy a used motor i would replace it anyway. But I don't understand why how can the stuff go bad. My old motor had 250k on it and only the belts were changed never anything else. I've examined these parts in and out and i don't see anything to go bad. Just a question, i just like to know all that i can about my car.
                                vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Working...
                                X