Minor H22 power loss during acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor H22 power loss during acceleration

Sorry about all the new threads! My poor car is falling apart around me!

When I accelerate, it seems that my engine doesn't pull as hard in first and second gear. It's not a constant thing, but kinda like little "bubbles" of power loss. It's hard to explain... It's almost like it stumbles a bit. The RPMs don't change, and it doesn't make any noise, but I can feel a slight change in power. Usually this is when I drive it for the first time during the day. I usually let the car warm up a little before going anywhere, but all I can think of is that maybe I'm not warming it up long enough?

This has been going on since I got the engine, but at first I thought it was the backpressure created by my stock Accord exhaust. Now I have no idea...

I've got the stock P13. However, when I had the engine installed (I know, I suck) the shop replaced the knock sensor (and charged me $135 for it as well... bastards) It's been doing this since I got it, so I'm guessing there could be something wrong with the new sensor, or maybe how they installed it?

After driving for a bit, it doesn't seem to do it anymore. Just in the first 10 minutes of driving it after letting it sit for a few hours.

Comment

damnit deevergote problems with your car already bro. Check your fuel pressure I had the same thing too bro I know what it is your in such a hurry you probably dont let your car warm up fully. Let it get atleast below 1000rps before you shove off. Just let it warm up thats your best bet .

My engine takes alot more warming up than it did with the original f22 engine. you said after you drive it for a while it stops right probably cause it gets warmed up around then I had the same problem too not to worry. Just be sure if your in that much of a rush plan ten minutes ahead and have her fully warmed up and you should have no problems .

Comment

remote starter???
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
          remote starter???
          That's exactly what I was thinking. I want to get an alarm as well... One of those that comes with a pager. I saw a remote start / alarm combo on ebay selling for like $125. I think I might go for that!

Comment

Would it hurt anything to just start up and go? I never gun it before the temp guage is in its normal running position (little under halfway) but I never knew for sure if driving it before it fully warmed up was a bad thing.

Comment

interesting...always had impression that crankin/sitting til it reached normal operating engine temp was best
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
              X