Weatherstripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherstripping

My weatherstripping is tearing and peeling away around my doors. Does anyone know how hard it is to fix that myself? I know it's fairly cheap to buy new weatherstripping, but I can't figure out how it comes off and goes on.

Actually, just about every piece of rubber around my doors and windows needs replacing... weatherstripping, molding, etc. I could use help on all of it!

I've been dealing with ugly for over 2 years... I'm pretty sure I have the ugliest CB7 on this site! I might contact my mechanic and see how much it would cost to have it done professionally. I hope to do most of my work myself, but sometimes it might be more cost-effective to have it done right by a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post

I've been dealing with ugly for over 2 years... I'm pretty sure I have the ugliest CB7 on this site! I might contact my mechanic and see how much it would cost to have it done professionally. I hope to do most of my work myself, but sometimes it might be more cost-effective to have it done right by a pro.

Deev you had the nicest CB7 I have seen LoL

Comment

I got the weatherstrips from the jy with no tear and did it myself. You need to undo the pin that holds the door to put the weatherstripping in since it's one piece. You also need to take out the plastic trim around the door since the stripping around the bottom is underneath those plastic stuff (I dunno what you call it). You'll see when you look at the doors. The hardest part I guess is probably doing the top part of the door. You really have to have patience prying it in. I used a screwdriver, but I was really careful not to puncture it.

If you have the budget for new ones, I'd say go for it. Since I got mine from the jy, although there's no tear, I'm still left with that annoying warped part of the rubber near the mirrors.

Comment

i took some time since my weather stripping was really good and removed it for paint without breaking the pins but when i got to the uppers of the door, i left them on. i folded the lower stripping and tied it up so i can paint the jams. i wrecked one taking it off. replaced it but there is two or three small grooves it seems to sit in around the glass. what a pain!
          96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

Maple, I think you are responsible for the oldest thread revival ever.

Comment

Wow, thats an old thread, thats around the time that i graduated from high school!!! I feel so old...LOL
              Can I get a Hell Yeah!!!

Comment

jesus christ this thread started roughly six months after operation Iraqi freedom...

Comment

I didnt even know of my CB7 back then
                  Your man for wiring solutions!
                  CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                  CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
                    I didnt even know of my CB7 back then
                    i had mine back then and still do after 2 replacement motors shes still alive minus the rust
                    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

i getting all new weatherstripping for my doors...heres a good price, better than the dealer http://tasauto.com/Product/Browse.aspx?d=1918&p=1

Comment

Working...
                      X