so maple got a new motor *pics* =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks deev.

Mike, the timming belt. Once i get the timming covers off you know how you need to loosen the tentioner bolt to loosen the belt.. well when you put the new belt on, how tight do you make it?

I have a haynes manual.

Let me know. Im gona try to get off work tommrow if its decent weather and pull my motor in my car. I bought an engine hoist yesterday and the thing bent in half.
    UGH

Comment

Hey Wayne congrats on the new motor. Take your time, and the patience will pay off.

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

HOW TO REMOVE PULLEY W/O TOOL:

Put 2 flywheel bolts in the crank, then slide a thick metal rod through and have a friend hold the engine while u undo the bolt.

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
        For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

My 2 cents:

Maple you shoulda bought Glory's setup.

Comment

But Maple does not need a new car, just a running one. Now at least he has a car to fall back on if something goes wrong with either of them, to save money to buy proper parts.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Looks good maple.. Good to see your back.. Are you starting to settle down or are you sick... I see you have a gf and so far it looks like your going to take your time and do this motor right.. Must be sick... lol Later

Comment

Good job wayne

Comment

leave the f22 in the truck bed... go to a local shop, ask them to take off the crank pulley with there air tools... then slip em $5.00!!!

Comment

Congrats Maple!!!

Im happy to see shit looking good for ya!

new girl, new motor, and still working.....woot mothafuckin woot!!!

Like everyone said, do it right...take your time...enjoy the rebuilding process and dont give up!! You know where to go for questions and shit.

And dizamm...i might have to hit you up for Majestic parts if you wouldnt mind...they charge a crazy amount in shipping.

Ima pm yoU!

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                      leave the f22 in the truck bed... go to a local shop, ask them to take off the crank pulley with there air tools... then slip em $5.00!!!
                      good idea!

i knew you'd come back.. lol i dont even know you, but i knew you would be back.. lmao
                      good luck with this setup, and take your time, dont rush homie!
                      .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

heading home now.

Let the swapping Begin

Comment

i give it a few weeks before you fuck something up..or bitch about your cb7..again..wait..

1)girlfriend dumps you..or vice versa
                          2)you fuck something up in the swap..and your car shits on you...again
                          3) you blame it on your cb7
                          4)you buy a crappy beater
                          5)crave the h22 again

its a cycle with you

prove me wrong plkeaaassee

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                            i give it a few weeks before you fuck something up..or bitch about your cb7..again..wait..

1)girlfriend dumps you..or vice versa
                            2)you fuck something up in the swap..and your car shits on you...again
                            3) you blame it on your cb7
                            4)you buy a crappy beater
                            5)crave the h22 again

its a cycle with you

prove me wrong plkeaaassee
                            haha agreed, i hope it doesnt end up like ^that again.

good luck wayne man
                            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                              2X
                              1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                              2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                              3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                              4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                              5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

So it's 1am and I got some progress done.

I believe ive accompished my first Timming belt and Waterpump =). I got the crankpully off but dutchaccords idea =).

Everything is all set on the motor. I just need to replace spark plugs since there soaked in oil.

Also when i took of the valve cover it kinda looks crappy. Since the motor prob sat for a while the oil that wa sin it dryed up and yeah looks like the picture below. I see little metal peices in it and im worried this is a blown motor, like with my other motors. Im kinda scared..... I really hope its not though. The guy said the motor RAN. and shit. Tommrow Im waking up at 7 and finishing disconnected as much shit as i can on my coupe and get the motor ready to pull it. Do some last minute thing to the new motor...

go to pepboys to get a new engine hoist since mine got bent :-/ and collapsed.. and pull my motor out
                                pull the tranny from the motor and swap it to new motor, as well as flywheel. Bolt it together and hopefully this fucker will run as soon as I install it back in my car.

It's gonna rain tommrow so I hope it holds up for me to get something done since i took work off tommrow. I can't wait.

Ps. After driving the mazda truck, and getting in my car today to drive it around the block. HOLY SHIT it was like WHOA im driving a brand new car. It felt soo good, the shifter, the clutch, the car in general, sooo fucking low haha I love it

Loook at pictures. When I first get the motor in. What's the best way to get all the fluids in without just starting the engine and leaving it on. Is there a special way to get the oil going and fluids? LMK.

Also for the timming belt. What should I notice if anything is wrong with it? Will it make a noise or?

LMK!

Honda> Noname WP.

Comment

Working...
                                X