Rough idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough idle

For some reason, while only in park (yes it's an auto ) the engine seems to idle at a high RPM (1500), and then all of a sudden sputter down to around 900 RPM.

This car has about 159K miles on it. Any way to fix this/ ever heard of this problem before?

well its normal for the engine to idle high until it gets up to operating tempature...as for it all of the sudden droping im not sure you might just need a tune up. If its been a while since youve had one i would suggest getting that first then if the problem persists take it to a qualified honda mechaninc. I got my car at my mechanic right now cause of a wierd idle problem.
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

yes its normal.

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
      For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

OK Dutch. You must be BS'ing because there is no way that a sudden drop in RPM's, then go back up is normal.

Comment

mine does that to.... same as when u just started the car and it idels @ 1.5 k and after a few sec's it drops to 900.. But if it stays hopping between 1500 and 900 rpm then that aint normal... duh. But that dident seem to be the problem, this is the way i read it. it might be a translation issue...........

so no comming from me

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
          For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Working...
          X