? about rev limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about rev limiter

I know i seen this a long time ago, i ran a search but found nothing but the question is.....

isnt there a way to remove the rev limiter or governor?

thanks.
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Doesn't a VAFC remove it as well?

Comment

when does your rev limiter kick in now?

and i wanted to get rid of my governer, but i decided against it. the jdm ecu kicks in now at 118ish... and i figure, ill never need to go faster than that in the 1/4mi. and i already got introuble for doing that on the freeway. so how i see it, the governer is just helping me with not getting more speeding tickets.

Comment

i kept mine limiter in, i just had it raised to 8k since it makes power until then. but im glad its there. there have been a few times i misshifted, and it just bounced off the limiter instead of possibly doing damage.

Comment

if you misshift your revlimiter can't do anything... you are mechanically connecting the engine to the wheels spinning a certain speed through the tranny...
          HSHO #3

Comment

93accord.... whats with all the lights on? lol engine light? abs? etc

where you in second at 8k?

Comment

good point... I was just thinking lower gear, not not actually getting it in a gear... yes that picture is 2nd gear (f22 tranny now ) check engine is for egr, abs is for a wheel speed sensor, srs is cause no air bag, high beams because it was dark out
              HSHO #3

Comment

Working...
              X