Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warm Engine, Cold Weather starting problems..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warm Engine, Cold Weather starting problems..

Just like the title says. When my engine is Warm and the weather is cold I am not always able to start the car without the help of my jumper kit. For example last night, I went out with sublime and hondaccordgrl here in KC... We met up at sonic probably a good 10-15 minute drive from my house with traffic. I got there and ate some dinner about 5-10 minutes after arriving and turning the car off, we were getting ready to leave. My car started for maybe 1 second then died. Tried again and still nothing. This has happened several times in the past. I just this fall resoldered my main relay, my battery is a year old Optima Red Top. Matt (sublime) mentioned possibly the starter... Any suggestions before I have to take it into a mechanic. Test or anything that I could try... Let me know. Thanks in advance. Later

Nobody? LMK... Later

Comment

Well hows your battery first of all?

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        Well hows your battery first of all?

he has an almost brand new optima red top.

it may be the main relay?

Comment

Originally posted by sublime
          he has an almost brand new optima red top.

it may be the main relay?
          Battery is almost a year old. And I just resoldered the Main Relay about 3 months ago. Any suggestions? LMK. Later

Comment

thats happened to me a couple of times. i just wait 20sec-1min and try again, and once it starts i revv the engine up to about 3k for 10sec and everything is cool.

Member Ride Facebook
            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
            For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
              thats happened to me a couple of times. i just wait 20sec-1min and try again, and once it starts i revv the engine up to about 3k for 10sec and everything is cool.
              Yeah that is what I have been doing. Its a pain in the ass to wait for it... I become very impatient when it comes to something not working for me... And it would probably be better in the long run to figure out what it is and fix it before it gets worse. Later

Comment

dizzy, plugs, wires, fuel filter...just name a few...

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                  dizzy, plugs, wires, fuel filter...just name a few...
                  Plugs and wires both about 6 months old. Will be changing fuel filter and dizzy this spring hopefully. Later

Comment

i would investigate it further... but it has only happened a few times and not often enough to ever matter to me. so its low on my list of concerns... and all those parts you guys have listed i plan on changing out come summertime anyways so if it persists ill fix it but it hasnt happened since last year.

Member Ride Facebook
                    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                    For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X