....Please confirm something for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....Please confirm something for me.

The power differences between an aftermarket header and that of the f22a4 is like 1 horsepower if anything right? Because i have been told this and i believe it. But if it's true why would someone spend 220 on some name brand header when they could go to their local junkyards and get one for 30? Is it just the "i like something shiny under the hood" factor.?
    Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

It looks better, Guess its somewhat lighter, depending on design it will be better over stock, power gains are probably minimal unless you have other stuff done, and yea bling factor. Ebay is the shit lol.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

There is also a sound difference too. mycar got louder with the ebay header over my stock a4 unit.
      Jeff

Comment

If you are upgrading your whole exhaust system then there will be more gains, but if you are staying stock then upgrading just the header won't do too much

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Most get it because they want to open up the exhaust airways. Not only does it change the sound it also increases performance. Its sorta like one of those things that you'll achieve more power with other supporting mods (ie intake/exhaust). Header alone would not draw out the full potential. Brand names also play a role.

Comment

Working...
          X