Car cant go in reverse..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car cant go in reverse..

I happen to take out the axle that connects on the rotor..and now the car cant back out..not even by pushing..Did i unconnect the whole axle?

Well that would be the first thing I would check to see if its sittin flush with the trans. If not yea you coulda popped it out just try to pop it back in.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

umm any disconnect in the drivetrain, from the wheel to the trans, will not able you to move. you shouldn't be able to move forward either without both axles attached. it seems there is something lodged against the hub. make sure you have nothing obstructing the movement of the axles/hub/rotor/wheel.

another question, is your handbrake released? i had to ask sorry!
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        Well that would be the first thing I would check to see if its sittin flush with the trans. If not yea you coulda popped it out just try to pop it back in.
        I think that might be it..but let me try it out..

Originally posted by timmy0tool
        umm any disconnect in the drivetrain, from the wheel to the trans, will not able you to move. you shouldn't be able to move forward either without both axles attached. it seems there is something lodged against the hub. make sure you have nothing obstructing the movement of the axles/hub/rotor/wheel.

another question, is your handbrake released? i had to ask sorry!
        I really suck at putting things back..but i believe the axle wasnt put back properly..and the handbrake is release when i try moving it..but now its jacked up..im trying to figure if its something else..i took apart the driver side but it seems to be like its coming from the passenger side..

Comment

Working...
        X