massive leak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

massive leak!

okay guys something is not right, i got my clutch installed about 3 days ago, everything was running just fine and smooth. all of sudden today i get this hardcore oil leak. i noticed it because the oil light came on, so i check the oil on the stick.. nothing. so i put a quart in, start it, all comes out in a matter of seconds. here are some pics, maybe you guys know?

i'm fucked if i cant figure out what it is. it cant be the oil pan gasket, drain plug, or the oil filter. i just dont know.

Oiii that does not look good at all. Is it dripping visible? Get some brake clean and clean that area up start it up for a few sec and see if you can see where its comin from.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

oil pump or front main for sure, have fun pulling the motor
      fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Looks like your seals maybe leaking from the inside of that timing belt cover.
        Engine block seals like crank pully seal, front balance shaft seal as well as that rear balance shaft gear O ring seal.
        Also check above that same side on the cylinder head (need to remove)
        timing belt cover for a nasty cam seal as well.

If I was you I would get this fixed before your timing belt starts slipping from these oil leaks off all the gears and this also causes premature wear of the timing and balance belts!

-Mike from P-town!

Comment

Originally posted by 91blk4thgen
          Engine block seals like crank pully seal, front balance shaft seal as well as that rear balance shaft gear O ring seal.

If I was you I would get this fixed before your timing belt starts slipping from these oil leaks off all the gears and this also causes premature wear of the timing and balance belts!

-Mike from P-town!

well what kind of work is this consisted of?

Comment

Originally posted by 91blk4thgen

-Mike from P-town!
            umm dude there is only one balance shaft in his motor and if there is any oil on the belt anywere they need to be replaced the oil will destroy the belts and im sure there is, and dont give helpinfo to people in need when you cant even name the parts correctly ......and it might be in your best interest to drop a new motor in it
            Last edited by Gen4Acclude; 12-02-2006, 06:29 PM.
            fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
              umm dude there is only one balance shaft in his motor and if there is any oil on the belt anywere they need to be replaced the oil will destroy the belts and im sure there is, and dont give helpinfo to people in need when you cant even name the parts correctly ......and it might be in your best interest to drop a new motor in it

okay well i was just out there examining the visible belts, and surprisingly i didnt see or feel any oil on them. if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by sublime
                okay well i was just out there examining the visible belts, and surprisingly i didnt see or feel any oil on them. if that helps.
                belt that are on the inside of the timing covers ther are more then just two actually there are four alt belt, p/s belt, b/s belt, and timing belt

R.I.P.

Comment

i'm just fucked, with the lack of experience and tools that i have, i dont know what to do.

Comment

Have you installed the bracket to hold the oil seal? Its the front balance shaft seal I think, can't remember now :P Supposedly a common thing on these engines, hence Honda created a bracket to hold the seal in place :P

I didn't know about it and the seal popped out, had it replaced (along with the timing and balance shaft belts) for $240 at the junkyard, which was where I noticed the leak.
                    Later found out about the seal retainer and had it installed.

Maybe that's it.
                    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

well it comes out in a stream in two locations

Comment

may just have start dissasembling and find out
                        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
                          may just have start dissasembling and find out
                          man its like know one can read he said he dosnt have the tool to do it be sides im going to kansas to do it for him for free just because i can, motor swap people another one is joining the the darkside

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
                            man its like know one can read he said he dosnt have the tool to do it be sides im going to kansas to do it for him for free just because i can, motor swap people another one is joining the the darkside
                            you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by sublime
                              you serious?
                              yes
                              find out how much a gray hound ticket is from seattle to you and back and i will do it for nothing you just need to feed me and let me crash on your floor... i will help you locate a motor and the stuff you need and i will teach you everything you will need to know on swaps

R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                              X