Power Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Windows

I'm having a weird problem with the power windows in my 4 dr. EX. The problem existed before I got the car, so I have no idea where to look, or what happened when they went out, but only the back ones don't work. (which really sucks cause the back right window is halfway down, and won't move either way).

I heard that the master switch can make all of the windows not work (even if you try rolling down the right rear window FROM the switch on the right rear window). Is this true?

Is there a way to test the motor? I tried putting a power and ground to the plugin from the switch, but all i got was sparks. Definitely a weird problem to diagnose, so any help would be much appreciated.

This may be a dumb question but do you have the rear window lock switch unlocked? If the window lock switch is bad the rears will not work also.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

yea its unlocked..

Comment

The switch may be bad then. If you are getting power to the rear switches then it is not the lock switch. Mine had one bad motor and one bad window switch when i bought it so the rears didn't work. You should be able to jump between the power wire and the other two wires at the rear switch to see if the motor works providing you do have power back there. I will go look at the wiring diagram to be sure though and get back to you.

Comment

Cool man, thanks. I'm just gonna order a new switch... fu(k it. I'll let you know how it goes I guess.

Comment

I just sent you an email with the wiring diagram attached in a pdf file, you will need to rotate it as I scanned it upside down. It could be the master lock switch or the rear switches or the rear motors so I would do some more checking before I ordered a switch. According to the diagram there are also two seperate fuses under the hood for the rear windows but if you were getting sparks you had power. All the rear switches do is switch power from the hot wire to one side for up and the other side for down. So it should be simple to troubleshoot.

Comment

Working...
            X