speed governer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speed governer

so i was playin with my friend yesterday in his camry, and we tryed to hit top speed. well he hit 110 but because of the damn governer i only hit 95...what all do i have to do 2 raise the speed limiter without buyin a different ECU?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=104311]
    my members page
    my myspace
    my car domain

Bypass the ECU but dunno what they have for a camry....Not really smart trying to pull stunts like that.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ya it was pretty stupid as i have heard over and over from many ppl...but ya i no stupid but flat road no cops for miles high speed limit no traffic what so ever...took a chance. but i was in my cb and i topped out at 95 not him. so how do i bypass the the ECU? or is there a DIY on it somewhere
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=104311]
      my members page
      my myspace
      my car domain

Comment

Originally posted by 92Lxsleeper
        ya it was pretty stupid as i have heard over and over from many ppl...but ya i no stupid but flat road no cops for miles high speed limit no traffic what so ever...took a chance. but i was in my cb and i topped out at 95 not him. so how do i bypass the the ECU? or is there a DIY on it somewhere
        Speed kills man, did you see the thread of the chick in the going 100MPH and clip'd a honda.... Damn... Nasty As for you get'n that top speed... Your best bet would be a new ECU.... Guys on here don't tell even if they know, just from looking at past threads....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

i say do whatever....u need a pt3 off a ex accord, no govenor, but i thought it tops out 110?
          "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

There are two piggy back systems that will do this, the Apexi Rev-speed meter ver 2 or HKS fuel cut defencer unit.

Option #3
            Chipped ECU

Option #4
            Get a h22a engine swap and get an ecu that doesn't have a govenor like the usdm p13

Use at your own risk tho
            I need a custom turbo manifold built....
            707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
            "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Could've sworn fuel cut happens in the range of 110-119.
              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Now that I re read it the speed limiter should be around 115 on the dx/lx motors. Didnt know they cut sooner but oh well. And yea chipped ECU, or get a pt6 or something. PT3 still has a speed limiter.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

doesnt matter howe flat road is. govenor is there cause of your tire ratings.
                  1990 h22 accord ex-r

Comment

Originally posted by Xlr8

True. Yes, but most people here have better tire that can handle the speed. Your kinda dumb if you go stupid fast and crappy tires.

I myself have v rated tires(149 mph) am i gunna go that fast. NO. Can my car go that fast. HELL NO.

Fastest i got was 113 i wasnt scared but my gf was yelling at me.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
                    ----
                    02 Pontiac Firebird W68
                    92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Originally posted by Xlr8
                      There are other reasons for that governor too.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

keep the limiter, unless you intend on building a track car.

otherwise dont bother.

there are too many idiots floating around. the last thing we need are idiots flying around at supersonic speeds in vehicles not made for speed in the first place.

Comment

I think im wrong, though i think i read it here...

does not the p12 ECU work? no speed governer?

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                          1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=62369

here you go dude this is the easiest and cheapest way to do it this guy is selling the a PT6 ecu those come without a governor

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                            "2SIIC"
                            Authentic Jerseys for sale
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

only hitting 95 that sounds odd my 90 lx on stock ecu cut back at 118 or so i swapped that out for a 92/93 ex ecu and it went past 120. my 90 ex stock ecu i took it to 125 and it didnt cut back. just my experience.
                              Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X