Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROTORS!! (yep i read the diy thats why i'm here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROTORS!! (yep i read the diy thats why i'm here)

ok i read this diy http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=50708+

my question is this... after i loosen the 4 bolts on the BACK side of the rotors ...do i take them off or just loosen them ?

the ones below

Last edited by CrazyHondaOwnR; 11-23-2006, 10:01 PM.
    R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

My Rotor DIY
    I'm not perfect i will make mistakes if i do just point it out to me

u take em off and then the rotor should be free saying that u took out the big nut.

then u put it on the ground and take off the hub bolts.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

cool thanks alot .. i'll be doing this tomarrow morning so i'll post the results or the F&^% ups
      R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
      (O.o )
      (> < )

My Rotor DIY

Comment

have fun, let us know how it went, and its not easy
        ACCORDEX92
        CHICAGO,IL

H22A ACCORD

Comment

I hope you know the bearing assembly has to be REMOVED from the knuckle in order to get the rotor off....
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

yea i was just confused there for a sec
            R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
            (O.o )
            (> < )

My Rotor DIY

Comment

all u have to do is take off the 4 bolts in the back use the slide hammer to take off the whole assambly. then take off the 4 bolts in the front then replace the rotor and u install everything and u are good to go my friend.
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i need some help how the hell can i take the four bolts off the back of the wheel assembly???? the diy say to push the tip off the axel in a lil bit but HOW?????

...lol my car is sitin out side with =out wheels brakes and axel nut

HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!
                R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
                (O.o )
                (> < )

My Rotor DIY

Comment

Have you dislocated the lower ball joint? You have to do that, and the top one to remove the whole thing. Then you can get to those bolts.

My swap thread
                  Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

ROTFLMAO i came in and posted the question about the four bolts on the back and when i went back out side i realized that i had yet to COMPLETElY remove the axel nut took that off and gently pushed the axel in a bit and its all good now.... i changed one rotor (drivers) and it got dark i'll do the other one tomarrow morning

it took about 3 1/2 hours but if you subtract the time figureing out how everthing worked,put together, it only took about ummm 1hour ... now that i know how to do it the other side shouldn't take long hour tops
                    R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
                    (O.o )
                    (> < )

My Rotor DIY

Comment

good 2 hear mine took like a half a day to put my cross driled slotted ones on ugh hated it!!!!! alot better with air tools jsut hope ur bearing doesnt come apart!

Comment

So I take it that you don't need to completely remove the nuckle or ball joints? Nice shortcut, I'll have to try that next time and maybe read the DIY too LOL.

My swap thread
                        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Working...
                        X