tcm/S light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverShadow
    Still confused. In your quote you state #14 tcu. How do you know the code is from ECU or TCU?
    All I know is the yellow check flashed 6 times
    the "S' green flashed one long and four short (14)
    So again..is the yellow one the ECU reading and the green TCU? Or is that the
    other way around?
    symptoms of the 91 coupe is
    corroded Fast Idle
    shifter stuck in Park (rear lights work, fuses are fine)
    Has a slight jerk when slowing down to a stop. More like a rough down shift but it's an automatic.
    the yellow one is the ecm. the green one with the "S" letter is the tcm one.
    from the manual that i downloaded in here from the sticky on top it says.

"#14 tcm. short or open FAS wire. trouble in the PGM-FI unit.
    the symtom is-> trasmision jerks hard when shifting."

now i don't know what the FAS wire is or where is located.

if your shifter is stuck on park then it might be a few different problmes.
    first try to hear a clicking sound near the shifter when you press the brake.
    second check the shifter cable. sometimes they go bad. i had a similar problem but i was able to take it out of Park. all i did was that i went to the tranny, where the shifter cable goes in and i tryed to adjust it. then clean the shifter console and made sure that the shifter hole in the shifter console lined up.
    but make sure you download the online manual it's a great help. it has helped me a lot during the 6 months that i had auto tranny problem.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Thank you!!!! I Also don't know what the FAS is but right now I'm going to change a very corroded Fast Idle thermo Valve. Then if the ECU is still on then I'll continue with looking around. I'll also try the tips you gave for the shifter.
      Let's hope my sons' 91 coupe gets all together soon. The engine is new (68,000) due to the other one got dried up because the people didn't put water into it. Pictures of the very stock looking car soon.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
      New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
      My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

hey sliver if your still having problems advance search for the following titles "tcu codes" that may help

Comment

Already had it, but thanks. Waiting for item I got on e-bay to install and see if the light goes out...then it'll be on to figure out why the shifter won't move. The guy I got the car from said it never did it until the mechanic (his) last week went looking for why it didn't start. I'm betting the dumb fucks pulled every fuse and wire trying to guess why! They discovered the distributor was bad.They tried with a external coil one! Hey it's a 91 ..internal! Then I asked them to check the main relay and one guy said..get this...."I checked for that fuse under the hood ," (heavy Spanish accent) AHHHHHHH! Glad he ain't MY mechanic!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

huh im lost bro.

r u getting a tcu fromEbaY? how much?

as far as the mechanics i dont know of any reputable cheap import mech.

Comment

no tcu..getting a fast Idle valve and the part to the left of it , forgot what it's called.

http://i17.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/8f/05/d853_1.JPG
              Last edited by SilverShadow; 03-18-2007, 12:45 PM.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

I have the same problem. A component has gone bad in the TCU. Remove the backup fuse (RADIO) 7.5A to clear the codes, but it will come back again.

http://techauto.te.funpic.org/transmission.php

Comment

Thanks for the link..that's very interesting reading.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Working...
                  X