what you idle at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what you idle at?

so yeah today i was at a red light and i noticed my idle was very low about 400 half of the 1000 mark and it seemed like it was dying ... the only thing that bugs me about this is that the guage lights dim than light back up when i give it abit of gas ...... what do you guys usually idle at when at a red light?

750. try cleaning the throtle body,
    Members Ride

Comment

what about if you're idleing above 1000 :S my car is an automatic 92 ex

Comment

if idling above, make sure you don't have a vacuum leak, then if its still high, turn the idle down with the screw on the throttle body
        Members Ride

Comment

750 RPM...using my nifty little digital tach. I think its set at 500 RPM with the IAC disconnected
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

750 +or- 50
            My Members Ride Thread

Comment

witch way do you turn it right or left?

Comment

Originally posted by lx-accord
                so yeah today i was at a red light and i noticed my idle was very low about 400 half of the 1000 mark and it seemed like it was dying ... the only thing that bugs me about this is that the guage lights dim than light back up when i give it abit of gas ...... what do you guys usually idle at when at a red light?

With a warmed idle i can sit around 500 maybe a bit lower then that at times, or when cold 1000-1500 =P got an auto CB7 EX
                1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
                Originally posted by yeamans17
                you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

Originally posted by simactive
                  With a warmed idle i can sit around 500 maybe a bit lower then that at times, or when cold 1000-1500 =P got an auto CB7 EX
                  pfft that's nothing man mine idles at 2000 when its cold

Comment

Mine idles 800-850. Whenever I lower it to 750 kinda feels like it wants to die kinda but not really.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                    X