this normal on an old engine?(smoke)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this normal on an old engine?(smoke)

i was sitting at a light today and for the fuck of it i reved up my car to redline,and a shit load of black smoke comes out.it does it even if i rev it a little well it has to be atleast to 6 and black puffy smoke comes out,i am not running a test pipe so is it running rich,or is it pistons/rings?thanksi notice that it does this when i ran at the drag strip to.when i reved real high and as i hit gears a puff of black smoke gos everywear for evryone to see.its embarrasing.just wanna know before i race it again.it runs fine and has plenty of power through power band,etc so maybe its runnin rich.

first time racing with this cb7^^^^^^^^^^^.no camera for time slip ics sorry.maybe when i get a cam ran 3 times.oh ya i went against a 94 accord,91 talon,and a mitsubishi mirage,fastest one was the 91 talon.there ugly.yuck.
    Last edited by 91accord4door; 05-02-2004, 01:22 AM.

Comment

im not sure exactly but i think black smoke is excessive carbon build up.

white smoke is rings

blue smoke just plain sucks.

fuel injector cleaner and jet in some throttle body cleaner to really clean it out.

but man i forgot if it was white or black that is bad.

or was it black was too much fuel...i wish i rememberd.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i think black is carbon like you said,and i think blue is oil,and white is coolent(head gasket)....no?well maybe its just because its an older engine,hopefully anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X