prolem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prolem

okay, i put a p13 ecu in my car and it still doesnt start. it gets fuel and spark but doesnt fire. i let the car sit for a second, then i turn it in the on position and you hear a big BOOM. the motor shakes, is this the fuel and air igniting on in the chamber? the car doesnt fire at all when i have it at WOT. please help.
    new ride
    07 cobalt ss/sc

Recheck your firing order. Everything around the dizzy hooked up properly?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yup, firing order is correct, everything is plugged in and connected, im stumped
      new ride
      07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Just a random guess...but if you turn the key to the point right before where it starts, it runs the fuel pump for 2-3 seconds. Maybe one of your injectors is stuck open and the fuel is just getting dumped in, and when you go to start it, it ignites? I don't even know if our injectors can mechanically get "stuck", but it MAY be a possiblity?
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

does sound like wrong firing order.... is this a recently swapped H22?

Comment

hmm, i dunno if they can get stuck open, i think if the windings break inside the injector the current would just short out and then they wouldnt open. im positive the firing order is correct, the swap isnt recent. the car stopped starting after i wired in my VAFC the wrong way. i wired it in the right way lol, got a p13 computer (was somehow running a pt3 ) and it still doesnt start.
            new ride
            07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

could it maybe be the ignition timing?, how would i check it?
              new ride
              07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

It could be timing, if the dizzy is installed properly, it should still start anyway. I almost swear & guarantee that its the firing order...

Comment

when cylinder one is at TDC, what cylinder is supposed to be firing?
                  new ride
                  07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

arite im seeing if the timing is off, i know the arrows on the cams are supposed to be pointing up at TDC but what about the crank pulley? how do i know if cylinder one is at TDC? what marks do i use on the crank pulley?
                    new ride
                    07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

okay the timing and everything is correct, the distributor points to cylinder one when its at TDC. the car still doesnt fire, it gets spark and fuel. any ideas? could it be fouled plugs?
                      new ride
                      07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Working...
                      X