Radio turns on & off, gauge cluster goes wild..WTFFgrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio turns on & off, gauge cluster goes wild..WTFFgrr

ok so whenever i let off the gas, be it in whatever gear; radio shuts off.. rpm & speedo gauges drop & jump around simoultaniously the headlights flick off than on, (or on then off depending if its night or not) it either does it many times like 10 in a row (clicking of the relay) if im slowing down, or it only does it once or twice if im accelerating and it does it over bumps in the road and under hard acceleration (cuza bumping) & the most annoying thing about it is the radio shutting off... --that shit pisses me off soooo much, the past few days its been happening going to & from work and im going to wind up punching out the radio because i can only lightly punch it for so long untill i smash it (i know its not the radios fault but thats where my frustrations go to because who wants ur cd to skip on and off or ur radio station when somethings on that u like ya kno? ) SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU AND YOU KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO

(yes i made sure my batt cables are tight & theres not a shitty connection i spray this anti corrosion stuff on all exposed battery wires and it worx reallly good )
    who needs a manual anyway

JDM is the way to play, all day every day

it sounds to me like the alternator my car did the samething it was that...lol so stop abusing your cb and go get it checked lol

Comment

I would say igniter.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

or a short
        fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

so its my alternator, i rememberd reading that on here somewhere so that thoguht crosses my mind, but if it were the alternator wouldnt my batt just go dead??

Comment

bump
            -_-_--anybody??

Comment

The battery will go dead eventually, mine did the same thing as the alternator failed.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

can i use my accord alternator?? off of the old engine

Comment

short..

maybe a loose grounding wire?

the ground cable from the batt of my car came loose one day and the speedo went nuts! i aint moving, but the speedo and tach was swinging to the heavens..

my 2 cents experience

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                  Honda Accord Euro-R
                  Honda Odyssey Absolute
                  Honda City I-DSi
                  Honda Stream

Comment

well i went ahead and put on the accord alternator and the pully size is a bit bigger than the ludes, so the pully is kinda tight but not tooo bad, buuttt.. the car wont run, it turns on but wont idle and shuts off.....im thinkin i should put back on the h22 alternator..orr buy a new alternator altogather... i dunno what to do this is bullshit

Comment

i dont think the alternator is strong enoough for the H i am not to sure of this but....i tried the samething on my car and it didn't work either....go to a discount or autozone in your area and get the alternator checked its free!!!

Comment

I just changed my alternator it sounds like thats what wrong with you car but if you accelerate it is fine or it happens when you hit a bump sounds more like a short or a loose groud somewhere. Check for that Not just at the battery terminal. You can loosen the tension and take the pulley off your old al. and put it on the lude's.

Comment

gracias

thanks for the input guys,
                          i changed my voltage regulator out with the accord alt one... put back on the h22 alt, took out my ac and gota 90accord Dx alt pully put it on then my neg batt cable fell out of the part that holds it onto the batt terminal so i clamped that btich back on and now it runs fine no cd skips or gauge & light going crazyness YESss lol
                          so i dont know if it was the regulator or just the batt terminal (probably was after like 3 hrs total of working on swapping the alt in & out but its ok because otherwise i would never have taken out my ac pump & gota new belt)

Comment

Working...
                          X