Big problem to come. (maybe) !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big problem to come. (maybe) !

Last night i ran to mcdonalds to get some dinner. While i was sitting at the first window to pay for my order i smell something burning. It didnt smell like oil or coolant more along the lines of electrical. It only lasted for a sec or two. Well i got my order and drove off into the empty parking lot and popped the hood and there was smoke coming from near the alternator it was really dark so i couldnt really see anything. So anyways i came home and and said well ill check it in the morning. So first thing after my morning shit i went outside and checked it out. The only problem i could find was a loose ground wire the one on top of the power steering pump. You can see it in this pic right by the oil dipstick.

Also i did remove the ps pump a few weeks ago and got some ps fluid on the alternator but that was 3 weeks ago so i dont think thats the problem. There is no oil or other fluids leaking. Well i made sure to get that ground tight, i also found nothing burnt as far as wireing goes. So im thinking the alternator is on its way out soon... I drove the car around a little this morning and no problems no cel's or any other warning lights. It seems to be charging just fine too... Got any idea's guys and gals ? Sorry the pic is so damn big.

Not sure, but you are missing an acorn nut for your valve cover.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

lol good eye. Yeah its been like that for about 6 months and no oil is leaking yet woo hoo.. Well anywho im off to work and get off at 10pm hope my car makes it home ok.

Comment

Working...
      X