Still running very rich...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still running very rich...

Ok I've cleared up all of my ECU codes except for the damned EGR one, I've tried 4 different EGR valves, still keep getting the code. They cannot all be bad.

Is it possible that EGR code alone is making my car run extremely rich?? What can I do to get it to stop running so rich? Is there any way I can manually tune the fuel flow?
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

anyone?
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

A chipped P06 will work and requires tuning but you clean out your EGR ports?

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah I tried everything with the EGR.

Comment

How are your plugs/wires and such?

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

plugs are new NGK V-Power, plugwires are APC 9MM, and I have a Blaster 2 coil installed, should be MORE than enough spark.

Comment

Honestly aftermarket wires dont do much to an f22a with bolt ons. Were the EGR's you used new? If all else fails could be something faulty in the wiring keeping sending the CEL.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

somebody in another post said something about an EGR solenoid....anybody have a picture?

Comment

I do not think F22A had an EGR solenoid there valves were vacuum operated.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

well I just grabbed some vacuum/solenoid thingies from the junkyard, I installed them and my CEL is not comming on, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm sure it will after I drive it for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X