F20A SOHC with dual runners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20A SOHC with dual runners?

When I got my F20A SOHC, I had to use the intake setup from the F22A6. The F20A SOHC used the single runner and was rated at 130 HP. Using this engine with all the F22A6 goodies, do you guys think the HP numbers are close to to the F22A6? The main reason I'm asking is because I've literally blown away 4 different 92-93 EX's.

If you "blew them away" chances are it wasn't simply because of an intake.

Comment

was it cuz yours is manual and theirs were automatic?
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

it can be, in the f20a motor do u have to use a differnt ecu? what the the f20a motor use....?
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Does "goodies" include the cam, perhaps?
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm using the 92 EX ECU. By goodies I meant the intake setup and everything attatched to it (vaccum lines etc). Nothing pertaining to the engine. I'm running with the JDM F20A A/T BTW, which leads me to another question to. My tranny shifts at ultra high RPMs, like 6100. It's only a couple hundred below redline. It does this in first and second. Is this just a trait of the JDM trannies or do all 4th gen A/T shift like this?

Comment

i notice with the 92ex ecu swap that i shifted higher as well...just barley under redline..alot further than my 91 ex ecu, the pt3.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i have a 93 se and mine shifts below the redline
                I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

Well at least I know that it's shifting right. I guess I need to hit the dyno if I want to know what HP(WHP) I'm running. Thanks!

Comment

Hey I have the same set-up, but my iab isn't working so my butterflies are always open..

My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordf20a
                      Hey I have the same set-up, but my iab isn't working so my butterflies are always open..
                      Cool to know someone else has the same setup! Would the butterflys being open all the time hinder your acceleration on takeoff?

Comment

on the low end, yes
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                          on the low end, yes
                          That's what I thought. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X