Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does everyone get their cb in the air?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a pretty low profile 3 ton jack that my dad got from his company that was usually used to jack oil trucks up and i got a couple of jackstands

-sean
    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
    Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
      what kind is that?
      I got it from Harbor Freight. It's made in China, but it works really well...only takes a few pumps and the car gets up quick. Can't remember what I paid, I think around a hundred bucks.

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
        I got it from Harbor Freight. It's made in China, but it works really well...only takes a few pumps and the car gets up quick. Can't remember what I paid, I think around a hundred bucks.
        That is what I thought it was. I was considering it for my next jack, but no one I know has owned it before.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
          jack and jack stands

1" 2x4s
          ?

Hey check us out www.2camcrew.com

Comment

I use a autozone jack. it even fits under my dropped civic.

as for ramps, I use old metal ramps. but I first drive my wheels over 2 bricks to raise the car up a bit.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

man you have to be pretty slammed not to be able to get the regular honda jack under there. its height is 3.25 off the ground. my ride is 2.5 of the ground but that due to my body kit beyond the kit i have clearance. i just use the regular honda jack to raise it like 6 inches or so then i slide my 3 ton pro series jack under there to raise it like a foot or so and then place jack stands. oh and make sure you chock and set your e-brake. i was so anixous one time and forget to set the brake and i dropped my car twice,lol. it must have rolled forward like a foot and an half after it slammed.
              91 Ex CB9
              JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
              p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
              Weight Reductions
              R33 or R34 front end

Comment

I always strip the threads on the scissors jacks. I can't believe all you guys still have a honda jack that works. Mine didn't last one year, and I have f'ed up 2 others that were more heavy duty.

My swap thread
                Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92

With this jack I can lift the hole front of the car high enough from the tow hook and place jack stands on both sides.

I can't believe you guys still have the stock scissor jacks. Mine broke after just a few uses.
                  i saw this jack at a local auto store. very light and strong. but very expensive on the same note. but the honda jacks is made for quick tire changes. not made to really support a car past 5 mins,lol. my cb9 is like 500lbs heavier that you guys cb7's. so if the honda jack works for mine, i know it will work for you all. mine did finally break down after 5 years though and was replaced with a 2 ton to work in conjunction with my 3 ton pro series jack.
                  91 Ex CB9
                  JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                  p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                  Weight Reductions
                  R33 or R34 front end

Comment

i pick mined up by the side lift points, ramps or lift it up be the front middle took hock looking thingy. forgot what its called. its part of the subframe
                    miss my turbo cb7
                    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

I just hit third get coming out of the corner and am able to get up to 80-85 before the railroad tracks. Watch the throttle while airborne, feather it or get a soft rev limiter cause you gotta keep the RPMs consistent with your speed so you dont get thrown off when the front wheels hit the ground again....

hold on to your butts

Comment

i use telekinesis.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by hemlockz
                          I just hit third get coming out of the corner and am able to get up to 80-85 before the railroad tracks. Watch the throttle while airborne, feather it or get a soft rev limiter cause you gotta keep the RPMs consistent with your speed so you dont get thrown off when the front wheels hit the ground again....
                          lmao
                          My Members Ride Thread

Comment

i like to put the jack and jackstands under the oil pan that seems to work best for me. u just gotta put it out of the way of the drain plug!
                            lol
                            any one who does that is a not smart NEVER do this

i just through it on the hoist at work i cant go on the drive on anymore because my car is too low so i have to go on the 2 post hoist
                            its pretty rough getting it in the air

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              i use telekinesis.
                              AH, the force use you errmmmm?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

1 switch... Pancake up!

Car goes from this.....

To this...

Comment

Working...