Hesitant to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hesitant to start?

My car after sitting out for less then 12 hours is very hesitant to start. It acts like it is a dead battery but I know it can't be, I just replaced it. I also thought it could be a short on my amps or something but I unplugged those and it still is continuing to happen. Do you guys have any good ideas on what is going on? Thanks for any help.

Girls are like yellow lights, do i go for it or do i stop?

Could it be my alternator possibly?

Comment

Possibly Main Relay.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

main relay, battery, grounds, alternator i doubt but get it tested anyway never bad to check

the build and demise
        buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

the main relay deals with outside temperture and having to wait a minute or two before you car starts. sounds like his problem is starting from the jump.
          91 Ex CB9
          JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
          p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
          Weight Reductions
          R33 or R34 front end

Comment

So I had my car checked out and both the alternater and the battery are fine. So it seems to be an electrical problem. Any ideas on how to track it down?

Comment

my ideas

check the alternator yourself by using a voltmeter on the battery should be 12v when sitting and 14v when on. I dont see how it could be that. Maybe you left something on or a wire got loose while driving. Your alternator would not kill the battery while sitting, but not charge while driving. As we all know I am sure. Anyways maybe a bad starter. I just moved my battery to the trunk and it is a lil hesitant. I need bigger gauge wire. Good luck bro, let us know what the deal is.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
              X