Resonator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resonator?

I was crusin' this CRX site and in budget mods it mentioned something about an inteke resonator that just keeps the intake quiet at wide open throttle. Does the factory F22A6 inteke have that? If so is it easy to remove and if you do so will it be louder at wot? I love the sound my intake makes, but it can be louder . I think that that paired up with my new muffler on the way will be nice. Let me know! Thanks!
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Resonator....it's where the intake piping after the air housing box drops down into the front right fenderwell area. There's baffling, etc that quiets the intake down. I believe you have to remove all this crap when installing a AEM CAI, well my friend with GS-R did.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
      ...well my friend with GS-R did.
      Yeah, my bro has a GSR also, we had to do the same when we installed his intake.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

If you pull the wheel well lining on the passenger side you'll see the resonator behind the bumper. Two bolts and it pulls right out.

Comment

sorry to be a pain, but anyone have any pics pointing this out? is it able to pass inspection with it like this? i'm getting my inspection on monday...

. Snail Squad .

Comment

take off the lining towards the front bumper / wheel well. pull it open and you'll see a big plastic thing. unbolt it and it should come out.
            BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

will it be easier to remove with the wheel off? we're takin' it off today anyway. will it pass inspection without it? does it do anything besides quiet it a little?

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Depends on what your inspection consists of... if sound is an issue, then yeah, it will make a difference. Other than that, all it does is keep the intake from barking. Your average grocery-getter housewife driver doesn't want that aggressive intake sound. But it doesn't do anything to affect emissions. And depending on how you've got your car jacked up, it might be easier with the wheel off.

Comment

I want to make sure I don't do anything wrong...

Is this the right area? Screw out these few screws and it's in there somewhere?

Thanks!!!
                  Attached Files

. Snail Squad .

Comment

0yeah once u open it there will be a huge box, tada
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Grrrrr...

Well I unscrewed all of the screws and even a bolt and all it does is fold down...but not enough to do anything else. In this pics is the circled thing actually the resonator? and are the arrows the screws / bolts you need to remove to access it?

AAAAGGGHHH!!!!
                      Attached Files

. Snail Squad .

Comment

The resonator is behind the thing you circled. There are about 20 plastic clips that look like phillips screws. You have to unscrew them and pull them out, the base as well.

In your picture if you look above the two arrows you drew you can see two of these clips.

Comment

sorry to ask so many damn question but I want to not screw anything up...

I got to it. Do you just un-bolt the last few? Does anything else go with it? Thanks!!!

. Snail Squad .

Comment

I'm really not sure if I did the right thing or not...but I removed the tubes that connected the top box to the lower box. I couldn't remove the lower one so I just improvised and removed the piping. I didn't have enough time or patience to try to remove the lower box again...

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Working...
                            X