Car is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is dead

Ok guys i searched found nothing, but anyways the story is today took my g/f to her ortho appointment when to go leave put key in car turn to auxerily(don't flame on spelling) power and everything worked then when to crank her up and everything died. I had no power what so ever. SO first thing i though was check all the fuses,(take into thought i don't know how to check the big ones like 50a) and so on everything looked good, checked the connection of the terminal everything good, when to push start it(manual car) and poping the clutch didn't work..

So i then tried jumping it i had power but didn't turn. The thing is once we took the jumper cables off and tried to crank again all power was lost. Took the batter to advance auto and they tested it battery came up good.

I personally am clueless anyone else have any idea?
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

bad grounds or battery fuse

did it make any noise when it died ?

the build and demise
    buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

hmmm i dont know about how the manual clutch starts work...other then u can push it, pop it and up it starts but for troubleshooting i dont know.

So, yea could be bad ground.............also battery fuse.............

did you hear the fuel pump kick in? Any CELs?

Comment

Possibly a bad ground wire...mine was corroded to all hell; I replaced the battery, no help. It would start w/a jump no problem and not drain the battery. I changed the cable and it started right up.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

If it cranks and nothing happens, check your dizzy for spark.

Comment

probably bad starter
            then ignition switch
            then alternator

a bad starter or alternator will kill/ discharge a battery. if you can take your alternator and starter to autozone or advance autoparts and let them test those. if they check out then either battery cable or ignition switch

goodluck

Comment

bad ground, same exact thing would happen to me. clean them all up, make sure you're getting a good connection and you're alset

Comment

Originally posted by xfactortype1
                probably bad starter
                then ignition switch
                then alternator

a bad starter or alternator will kill/ discharge a battery. if you can take your alternator and starter to autozone or advance autoparts and let them test those. if they check out then either battery cable or ignition switch

goodluck

no not then the battery cable or ignition switch the ignition switch has nothing to do with it neither does teh alternator or the starter
                the battery isnt discharging fool but we love you anyway

odds are the chasis ground on the passanger side rightnext to the fender
                or the ground that bolts to the tranny

if not the onlything near being a component problem which i highly doubt is teh starter solinoid could ground out and be locking up

the build and demise
                buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

I agree...cable/connections.

If you have someone under the hood when you try to start it, there's a chance they'll here and see a spark from a bad connection somewere.
                  Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                    Ok guys i searched found nothing, but anyways the story is today took my g/f to her ortho appointment when to go leave put key in car turn to auxerily(don't flame on spelling) power and everything worked then when to crank her up and everything died. I had no power what so ever. SO first thing i though was check all the fuses,(take into thought i don't know how to check the big ones like 50a) and so on everything looked good, checked the connection of the terminal everything good, when to push start it(manual car) and poping the clutch didn't work..

So i then tried jumping it i had power but didn't turn. The thing is once we took the jumper cables off and tried to crank again all power was lost. Took the batter to advance auto and they tested it battery came up good.

I personally am clueless anyone else have any idea?
                    check the 7.5 fuse under your steering wheel check all the connection to the battery and the alt.

Comment

ok so advanced idiots was wrong it was the battery, we swapped mrxs battery into mine and it started right up thanks guys for the help though
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

damn how easy was that i guess it just got over looked im glad u got it runnin

Comment

Working...
                        X