iron bore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iron bore

i have heard around that the 92-95 h22a have iron bore and not the frm sleeves has anyone heard of this and the 96 and up has the frm sleeves thats for the info check out the prelude pistons

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/wiseco/apps-Acura.html
    Last edited by projectAccord; 12-24-2006, 08:43 PM.

bump

Comment

iguess you guy dont know about this but thanks anyway

Comment

Some do and some don't! I know that 92-96 preludes h22 are close deck.
        99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

i have talked to wesico pistons and they say the jdm h22a have iron bore sleeves and will take the forged pistons do you know how to find this out for sure i would think they knew what they was talking about but just wanna hear it from someone that has more knowlege on the h series they also say that the 96+have frm sleeves

Comment

thats odd, i could have swore that all of the h22's had frm sleeves. i am really interested in finding and answer for this. if its true then i want to bore mine to .25 over, and bump up the compression to 11:1 with some aftermarket pistons. good luck on getting an answer.

Comment

All blocks stamped "P13" have the frm sleeves. This includes:

H22a JDM
              H22a1 USDM
              H23a1 USDM
              H23a2 EDM
              H23a3 EDM

Also the NSX and S2000 have them I believe.

The only block I'm unsure of is the h22a4, the obdII usdm block, which was also open deck.

I currently have one h22a block and two h23a1 blocks here and all are frm sleeves. I have never heard of any h22's having iron bores, sorry.

L8r
              Turbo H23a3 build has begun
              01-01-2019

Comment

man that sucks, lol. i had a little ray of hope that they werent.

Comment

definitely FRM sleeves. wiseco will tell you they have good forged pistons for FRM sleeves too, but they don't. people have tried them and success is measured in hundreds of miles, not thousands
                  ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Almost any machine shop can sleeve an H series block for less than 400 bux though, sleeves included.

Alot of people get caught up in the darton, aebs, golden eagle thing, but thats only for serious race abuse, 30+ pounds of boost or 200+ nitrous shots.

Almost any machine shop can put in an iron liner that will make it so you can run any aftermarket piston you want.

Even for boost these blocks will sustain 500hp no problem.

Here's pics of two different sleeve types.

4-500 dollar machine shop sleeve:

^Dutchaccord's block-Notice the aluminum in between the sleeves still.

12-1350 dollar darton full sleeves

The only real difference is that with the dartons they remove alot more of the factory block, and replace it with stronger sleeves, that actually but up against eachother.

So really, your not totaly out of luck. You would have to bring the block to the machine shop anyway, what another 400 bux or so? In an engine build, thats chump change.

Best of luck, and hopefully this opens up some more options for you. L8r
                    01-01-2019

Comment

^^ thats some good info there, i didnt know that. thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by projectAccord
                        iguess you guy dont know about this but thanks anyway
                        We know about everything. your reverse psychology only pisses people off

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                          We know about everything. your reverse psychology only pisses people off
                          x2

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
                            All blocks stamped "P13" have the frm sleeves. This includes:

H22a JDM
                            H22a1 USDM
                            H23a1 USDM
                            H23a2 EDM
                            H23a3 EDM

Also the NSX and S2000 have them I believe.

The only block I'm unsure of is the h22a4, the obdII usdm block, which was also open deck.

I currently have one h22a block and two h23a1 blocks here and all are frm sleeves. I have never heard of any h22's having iron bores, sorry.

L8r
                            why does the site say 92-95 iron bore just asking to get a answer thanks for the info

Comment

Thats a question for them, not me. I'm 100% certain that they are wrong.

I can get you a pic of an FRM sleeve '95 h22a block if you'd like, next time I go out to the shop.

On the site it doesn't mention that the h23's are also FRM blocks, which I have a 91' block and a 95' block out in the shop both with Frm sleeves. (Setting aside the point that the h23 blocks are identical to the h22 blocks)

This is the most I can offer you, if you want to take there word for it, go ahead, just keep us posted on the build and the long term results. L8r
                              01-01-2019

Comment

Working...
                              X