Oil leaking in spark plugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil leaking in spark plugs?

What does it mean when oil is leaking into the spark plugs.I was doing a tune up to my accord and when i was replacing the spark plugs to the engine I noticed that they were wet with oil.What does it mean?Do I need a new gasket cover?

Indeed you do.... called a Valve Cover gasket.. and it comes with everything you need.. its pretty sel explanitory.. its about 16 bucks

Comment

I believe that you will need to replace the o-rings that are in the spark plug tubes. As far as I know there is a kit you can buy to do this. I think it comes with o-rings, valve cover gasket, new valve cover retainers, etc. I am having the same problem. There are a couple other posts about this I think. Check them out. They could tell you exactly what you need to do! Good Luck!
      FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
        Indeed you do.... called a Valve Cover gasket.. and it comes with everything you need.. its pretty sel explanitory.. its about 16 bucks
        Ignore this statement as it's not accurate.

It's the lower tube seals and it does not come with a valve cover gasket kit, at least not off www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, which is a Honda Dealer. You have to order them separately, but they are cheap.

They are located under the rocker arm assembly & it's not exactly self explanatory....don't attempt it without a manual & some mechanical aptitude. You have to pull valve cover & get into the cylinder head area a bit.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
        X