Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grounds....

Hey..
    My bat. light sparatically flashes sometimes.. Battery and alt. are fine. I'm guessing that a ground might be the issue. Can someone tell me where all the grounds are?

That would be helpful, and pics would just be amazing, but deff. not necesary.
    Also, what else could be causing it to flash? If it helps any, after the car has been running for a while, the light will come on and become solid when i am in reverse.. but else wise, its never solid- it just blinks; but only sometimes....
    Suggestions? Location of grounds?

Many thanks

Could be your alternator. If its not holding its charge and drops below a certain voltage the light will come on. Thats what mine did except whenever it did that my alternator cable came loose.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i considered that. but some stroker at auto zone hooked it up to a machine and the battery and alt. were both fine.....its actually pretty new... could loose grounds be doing it?

Comment

Then that would be the next thing I would look at. Grounds that is.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

There's a ground right beside the battery by the fender.... ground from alternator to engine block...there's a lot, that's al I can think of lol. I know it's in the helms manual, I'm at school though right now so I can't get any scans for ya at the moment.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Working...
          X