rear motor mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear motor mount

hey guys how do u remove the rear motor mount without removing the intake manifold?
    i know that i can get to the 2 bolts in the back with a long extension and that is pretty much it. i don't know if it has any other bolts and where they are located at?
    can someone plz let me know how to remove it.
    ps installing the rear motor mount inserts.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Manual or Auto accord.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ABS equipped?

Comment

ups. lol. its a 92 accord dx manual. no abs.<<<<what does the rear mount have to do with the abs??

Comment

with abs there is more shit in teh way

the build and demise
          buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

good luck. it's gonna be a bitch! well, my car has abs so it was a lot tougher. but it's easier if you remove it from underneath.
            R.I.P.

AzN VtEc PoWeR (6:38:35 PM): im gonna go shit in someones cereal

Comment

remove the mount bot first then get underneither and remove the engine side of the mount lift that up and slide it out of teh way then get out from under the car and unbolt the body side of teh mount shoudl be pretty easy

the build and demise

Comment

Not really ive done it its easy first support the weight of the motor on a jack you can do this with all the mounts on but you have to play with the weight a little bit. jack the jack up under the tranny side then unbolt the tranny bolts from the rear mount bracket then all the bolts the bracket should come off. After that get a really long extension from autozone and a nice torque wrench to bypass the back of the mount to reach the bolts to the mount to bypass and fit just right behind the intake manifold.
                Last edited by h22sparkle; 10-24-2006, 07:16 PM.

Comment

huh i didn't get a word u said man. can u explain it to me better plz.

Comment

well it might be a good time to remove your Intake manifold and give it a thorough cleaning.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

is there any way without removing the tranny bolts. i know i can get to the 2 bolts in the back by reaching from the top with a long extension. but where are the other bolts located at and how can i get to them without removing the trany mount bracket? or that is the only way to get to those bolts

Comment

we have explained it 3 times get under your damn carthe bracket has to come out its simple crawl underneith and look up dont be a nany and cry about it you have to pull the oil filter off for best acess to the bolts air tools make things easy

buy a chilton or hayes manual

the build and demise

Comment

i do have the damn manuals(don't show shit about it) and my question was IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO REMOVE IT WITHOUT TAKING THE BRACKET OFFFFFFFFFFF.
                          i belive a simple NO would have WORKED.

Comment

Working...
                          X