h22a auto lsd tranny problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a auto lsd tranny problems.

I just swapped my auto jdm full swap in and went down the road about 20 mins ago and running fine.

problems that i recognized.

shifts from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 before i even get to 30 mph.

and also feels like it slips bad into 4th WTF!!!

i just paid 2,250 for this swap from Hmotorsonline.

i am running the stock tcu from my f22a6 is that whats making it do that?

HELP!!! I DONT WANT TO CALL A BITCHOUT HMOTORS IF IT IS SOMTHING THAT CAN BE FIXED BUT IF IT IS THE TRANS THEN I NEED TO GET ON THERE ASS ABOUT IT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=44998&page=1

it shouldn't be your stock tcu...b/c i am running my stock tcu and its running fine.

Comment

make sure you use honda AFT fluid and it at the correct level not overfilled.
      I also have th auto lsd h22 tranny and tried both the f22 tcu and jdm h22 tcu, it depend on the amount of gas petal you give it. I have the same issue if I gas the petal under 10% it will upshift all the way to 4th around 30mph. If I give it more like 30% gas petal then it upshift at 3.5krpm, 50% gas then it shift at 5krpm... and floor the gas petal and it shift at 7krpm. Not sure if this is a common problem but myself and 5-6 other auto h22 friends have this issue. I guess this LSD auto tranny was meant to drive hard and does not like sunday drivers ^^.
      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

I say swap out ur ecu and see what happens.....

93 Accord H22.. 10th anniv.edition-wrecked R.i.P

99 EM1 Boosted type R- Jacked and never found

Comment

we wired up the knock sensor......

it threw an engine code 7, and trans code 1,2,7,8

but if i manually shift it, it hauls balls fo sho'

what could it be. if i go slow it seems to slip between 3rd and 4th. but if it was a tranny slip it would still slip when i hammered it and manually shifted it.

HELP!!!!

Comment

it might be ur shift solenoids, not sure, worth a shot though
            Members Ride

Comment

TCU Codes:

CODE LIST:

1-Lock-up solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.
              2-Lock-up solenoid 'B' circuit open or shorted.

7-Shift Solenoid 'A' circuit open or shorted.
              8-Shift Solenoid 'B' circuit open or shorted.

Engine codes

Throttle Position circuit
              Reading too low or too high, open or short in circuit, defective TPS circuit

Comment

even tho i filled with proper level and brand new fluid. it looked pastey white when checked this morning and also had a black tint to some of it. WTF.

i WILL probably drain that out asap and buy some of that fluid from Honda

bump. i unplugged the solenoids, and plugged then right back in and didnt.

the solenoids look to me like u have to take them off in pairs of 2. so there is 2 pairs of 2 with 1 plug running from each set.

i did notice both solenoids look rusted on the outside pretty good.

Comment

I would first swap the solenoids, check the throttle control cable and check your TPS. A bad TPS will cause the problems you are describing with the shifting.

Comment

also make sure you didn't accidentally switch the solenoid plugs (if that's possible)

Comment

solenoid plugs i checked not possible to mix the plugs. im not that lucky. i will swap those plugs with the ones off of my old fseries motor very soon.

throttle control cable?

i did throw a tps code. but i dont understand how to check the voltage. i just stick it on there and screw it down tight

Comment

Check your tps.. that could be what a lot of this problem is about. Read the DIY's on how to check it. If you still have trouble.. PM me or somethin.

Comment

ok. has anyone ever heard of this happening or bought a motor from Hmotors and the transmission been bad.

it now slips going from 2nd to 3rd, and 3rd to 4th, but if manually shifted, NO PROBLEM. tomorow i will have acess to a garge to try and fiddle with the tps and also swap solenoids from my old transmission. thanks richards. ill hit u up.

Comment

you mentioned that the color of fluid was pasty white.. that means there is water in your tranny,, you need to run it and run it and run it, and drain it every time and refill with new,, i had this happen to my tranny, it did the same thing,, and after about the 6th change it was good, it;s been a few months and i think i am going to change it again for good measure
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Is your cable for the kickdown installed? If not, it's normal that you're driving 30 in 4th gear.

And slipping can also means that the shiftcable is not installed in the right position.

At least I had it on mine.

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                              My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Working...
                              X