Quick spark plug question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick spark plug question

Since I don't have a torque wrench, how should I judge how snug my plugs should be? Just hand tight?
    "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

The engine is slightly warm. I just tightened them pretty snug with the plug puller I have.

Think thats cool? Or should I give em a quarter turn like you said?
    "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

snug and a bit more i think.

put some anti seis on them threads.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Well I'm glad I went back and tightened the plugs because they untightened very easy.

I wish I had had some anit seis, but I didn't. Hopefully I'm alright for this time around.

I do have to say that the old plugs I pulled out were pretty worn. The gap was definitely a lot bigger than what a new pair should be. Like I said in another post, I've never changed them in the 5 years I've owned this car(honda recommends every 24k ooops). Guess that might be the culprit behind my decline in gas mileage. Other than that they looked great and normal. No oil!

I also checked my oil level and topped it off. I'm due for a change in about 200 miles and the oil still looks almost fresh. This f22a6 is infucking credible! 160k+ and it runs like it just came off the lot. Never burns oil. In fact the oil level never used to change at all between changes. But I have a oil pan leak now so...

Anyway, I think this thing is going to run forever.

Hondas rock so hard.
        Last edited by accordme93; 04-21-2004, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X